Rucio Development Meeting

Europe/Zurich
4/S-056 (CERN)

4/S-056

CERN

20
Show room on map
Martin Barisits (CERN)
Videoconference Rooms
Rucio_Development_Meeting
Name
Rucio_Development_Meeting
Description
Rucio Development Meeting
Extension
10760955
Owner
Martin Barisits
Auto-join URL
Useful links
Phone numbers
    • 15:00 15:10
      News 10m
      • Release schedule
        • 1.20.8 Oct 28
        • 1.21.0rc1 Nov 5
          • Code freeze Nov 3 23:59
        • 1.21.0 "Donkeys of the Galaxy" Nov 11
        • 1.21.1 Nov 25
      • Dev meeting schedule
        • Nov 7 CANCELLED (CHEP)
        • Dec 5 CANCELLED (ATLAS S&C Week)
        • Dec 12 last Dev meeting in 2019
        • Jan 09 first Dev meeting in 2020
      • Coding Camp 2019
        • Thanks for participating!
      • Discussion Release schedule for 2020
        • Dev meeting Oct 31
      • Rucio 1.22.0 "?" release roadmap planning
        • Dev meeting Nov 14
    • 15:10 15:30
      News from the experiments 20m
      • ESCAPE
        • Integration with CRIC
          • Importer configurable (master, etc)
            • RSE, Attribute, Protocol
          • Needs documentation
        • Import fails with big files
          • Aris needs access to one (Eric will provide)
      • CMS
        • No news
      • Multi-VO
        • Should try to get Andrews current PR into the next release
        • Eli will be back in the project in January
        • Database copy has not finished yet due to network issues
      • DUNE/Edinburgh
        • No news
      • ATLAS
        • Everything works 
    • 15:30 15:50
      Hot topics 20m

      Tape carousel (from Vincent):

    • 15:50 16:20
      Developers roundtable 30m
      • Rucio 1.21 priority followup
        • Focus
          • Cleanup & Stability
          • Documentation
          • Deployment (Kubernetes!)
        • Open ID connect #2612
          • Provisioning client used similar to query VOMS (--> probes)
          • Will need a release candidate to test with e.g. ESCAPE
        • Rucio.cfg vs Rucio config table cleanup #2630
          • Will start a document and have every component responsible to comment;
        • Documentation for configuration parameters #2631
        • History table definition explicitly (No Versioned models) #2063
        • MultiVO features #2635
        • Reaper 2.0 #2412
          • Needs improvement in the query to get list of unlocked replicas
            • SKIP LOCKED does not work due to being used as a subquery
          • Source protection: Implemented
          • Some minor other things might need improvement too
        • Operators documentation / recipes #2636
        • Expand Kubernetes usage
          • ATLAS: By the end of the month run all daemons/server on integration cluster
          • Tomorrow: Meeting with CERN-IT to discuss service level of K8s at CERN
          • Next year: Move all production services to production as well
            • Depends on experience with integration service now
        • Tracking what happened with a did #2637
          • Hannes submitted a PR, needs review
        • XCache config table population add to probe #2638
          • Needs to be commited
        • BB8 Needs better configuration and get rid of hard-coded entries
        • Better way to deal with configuration/permissions (entry point, configuration.py, …) #533
          • Configuration comes from an external python package instead of Rucio core
          • Python package needs to have a module for schema, permission, policy
        • Transparent handling of archives with rules #1091
          • Move to next Feature release
        • Global Quotas #2315
          • Making progress; Updating the CLI
          • PR there, needs review
        • Possibility to inject rules delayed #2639
        • Improve oracle test crashes #2588
          • Some improvements, unclear if it helped
        • Python 3.5 for server
          • pystatsd does not support Python3
            • Change to statsd possible
          • Postgres issue with byte and text data
        • Python 3.6 for clients
          • Should be compatible, but something missing in the tests
        • Changes for CTA transfer handling #2632
          • Cedric and Martin will work on this next week!
        • Source throttling #2611
          • Needs merging
        • Activity exclusion for submitter #2640
      • ​​​​​​​
    • 16:20 16:30
      AOB 10m