Rucio Development Meeting

Europe/Zurich
4/S-030 (CERN)

4/S-030

CERN

30
Show room on map
Martin Barisits (CERN)
Videoconference Rooms
Rucio_Development_Meeting
Name
Rucio_Development_Meeting
Description
Rucio Development Meeting
Extension
10760955
Owner
Martin Barisits
Auto-join URL
Useful links
Phone numbers
    • 15:00 15:10
      News 10m
    • 15:10 15:20
      News from the experiments 10m
      • ATLAS
        • gsiftp
          • Issue with MD5 checks in new Rucio client
          • Fix already submitted
        • Tape Carousel observations
          • Takes a lot of time sometimes to to finish requests
      • CMS
        • No news
      • FNAL/Brandon
        • Dockerhub issue with WebUI containers (still pointing to dev release)
    • 15:20 15:30
      Hot topics 10m
    • 15:30 15:55
      Developers roundtable 25m
      • Issue burn update
      • Rucio 1.22 "Green Donkey" priority development followup
        • In Progress
          • Kubernetes [Thomas]
            • Update on OpenStack with new network driver (calico)
            • Next steps
              • Setup Cluster with calico and then add some daemons/server again
          • MultiVO #2635 [Ian, Andrew]
            • Further development when Eli starts
            • Need to consider Non-Multi-VO deployments with these changes
          • RSEMgr v2.0 #3147 [Tomas, Tobi]
            • Open ticket right now
            • Exceptions
              • Add error information into exception as dictionary
              • { 'file': Exception }
            • Put a proposal in ticket or PR to have a look
          • Unification of metadata #3096 [Aris]
            • Rucio core part is mostly done
            • API/CLI work needs to be done
              • Re-use existing calls
          • Add file to content history in reaper #37 [Cedric, Thomas]
            • Started to work at this
        • ToDo
          • Documentation [Martin]
          • rucio.cfg vs config table #2630 [Mario]
          • Versioned history tables need explicit definition #2063 [Martin]
          • Handling of Archives in Reaper #1431 [Cedric, Thomas, Mario, Martin]
          • Missing features for Archives #1091 [Mario, Martin]
          • Documentation page listing config table and RSE attributes #2631 [Mario]
          • Operators doc and repo #2636 [Martin]
            • Dimitrios hopes to start an effort mid-february
              • Some ATLAS parts might be required to stay confidential
        • Done
          • Repository cleanup #5252 [Martin, Thomas]
          • Configuration / Permissions / Policy #533 [James]
          • Cleanup of Issues [Everyone]
          • Reaper 2.0 #2412 [Cedric, Thomas]
          • Protection of sources too strict in reaper #1637 [Cedric, Thomas]
          • OIDC #2612 [Jaroslav]
          • Reaper should stop in case of judge backlog #1578 [Martin]
      • Auditor
        • Contacted by CMS who want to continue on Auditor work
        • Dimitrios and Thomas will try to give pointers, probably should re-write some parts of the auditor into an auditor2
      • Third party copy read and write needs to be enabled [Martin, Cedric, Dimitrios]
        • Duplicate the information for both operations in the probe for now
        • Need to iterate with AGIS to get TPC_write and _read in there
      • CRIC progress [Panos]
      • Review probes [Thomas, Dimitrios]
        • Dimitrios needs some help with reviewing the probes, since he is overloaded
        • Thomas will help with reviewing
      • RPG development [Tomas]
        • Tomas will write document about project definition for RucioRPG
        • No news
      • Issue with Reaper2 which unnecessarily deletes secondary replicas due to replicas in wrong state
    • 15:55 16:00
      AOB 5m
      • Next meeting in 2 weeks