Rucio Development Meeting

Europe/Zurich
Martin Barisits (CERN)
Videoconference Rooms
Rucio_Development_Meeting
Name
Rucio_Development_Meeting
Description
Rucio Development Meeting
Extension
10760955
Owner
Martin Barisits
Auto-join URL
Useful links
Phone numbers
    • 15:00 15:10
      News 10m
      • Rucio meetings Vidyo-Only
        • Until further notice
      • Release schedule
        • 1.22 "Green Donkey"
          • Code Freeze on Mar-16
          • RC1 on Mar-18
          • Final ~Mar-24
        • 1.21.11 patch release
      • Rucio Workshop
        • COVID-19 Travel advisory
      • Rucio Coding Camp
      • Meeting Schedule
        • Mar-12   Rucio Workshop
        • Mar-19   Regular Meeting
        • Mar-26   Might be CANCELLED
    • 15:10 15:20
      News from the experiments 10m
      • ATLAS
        • Deletion issue with contents_history
          • Being investigated
          • Understood and being fixed
        • FTS Poller issue
          • Under investigation
          • Found partitioning issue, should be unrelated
      • CMS
      • Belle II
        • Testing DIRAC-Rucio client
        • Scaling tests
      • RAL/Multi-VO
        • New member of staff for 6-month placement
          • Will be working on Multi-VO
        • Monitoring transfer activity
      • DUNE/Edinburgh
      • Janusz/DIRAC
        • Rucio instance running
        • Some workflows already working
      • LIGO/VIRGO/KAGRA
        • First successful transfer from KAGRA (Tokyo) to LIGO (Caltech)!
    • 15:20 15:30
      Hot topics 10m
    • 15:30 15:55
      Developers roundtable 25m
      • Issue burn update
      • Rucio 1.22 "Green Donkey" priority development followup
        • In Progress
          • Kubernetes [Thomas]
            • Waiting on the new network controller
            • It's available, but from testing it was not faster than before
            • CERN IT: Problem with multi-zone deployments, network driver goes to fallback mode
          • MultiVO #2635 [Ian, Eli, Patrick]
            • Open PR works fine now; Will be merged to coming feature release
            • Andrew prepared a few other things which can be improved and submitted incrementally (probably)
          • RSEMgr v2.0 #3147 [Tomas, Tobi]
            • Upload migration PR is open since some time, probably needs to be re-submitted for testing
          • Unification of metadata #3096 [Aris]
            • Rucio core part is mostly done
            • API/CLI work needs to be done
              • Re-use existing calls
          • Add file to content history in reaper #37 [Cedric, Thomas]
            • Done, but one bug to fix due to contents_history partitioning
        • ToDo
          • Documentation [Martin]
          • rucio.cfg vs config table #2630 [Mario]
          • Versioned history tables need explicit definition #2063 [Martin]
          • Handling of Archives in Reaper #1431 [Cedric, Thomas, Mario, Martin]
          • Missing features for Archives #1091 [Mario, Martin]
          • Documentation page listing config table and RSE attributes #2631 [Mario]
          • Operators doc and repo #2636 [Martin]
            • Dimitrios hopes to start an effort mid-february
              • Some ATLAS parts might be required to stay confidential
        • Done
          • Repository cleanup #5252 [Martin, Thomas]
          • Configuration / Permissions / Policy #533 [James]
          • Cleanup of Issues [Everyone]
          • Reaper 2.0 #2412 [Cedric, Thomas]
          • Protection of sources too strict in reaper #1637 [Cedric, Thomas]
          • OIDC #2612 [Jaroslav]
          • Reaper should stop in case of judge backlog #1578 [Martin]
      • Auditor
        • Contacted by CMS who want to continue on Auditor work
        • Dimitrios and Thomas will try to give pointers, probably should re-write some parts of the auditor into an auditor2
      • Third party copy read and write needs to be enabled [Martin, Cedric, Dimitrios]
        • Duplicate the information for both operations in the probe for now
        • Need to iterate with AGIS to get TPC_write and _read in there
        • No news
      • CRIC progress [Panos]
      • Review probes [Thomas, Dimitrios]
        • Dimitrios needs some help with reviewing the probes, since he is overloaded
        • Thomas will help with reviewing
        • No news :-)
      • RPG development [Tomas]
        • Tomas will write document about project definition for RucioRPG
        • Needs more discussion
      • Issue with Reaper2 which unnecessarily deletes secondary replicas due to replicas in wrong state
      • staging_startged_at staging_finished_at working now?
        • Need to check
    • 15:55 16:00
      AOB 5m
      • Workshop next week!