1) Practicalities: Do we wish to go ahead with an Implications workshop in 2020 in principle? Nominal dates would be 28-30 October. If so, should it be fully virtual or a hybrid of in-person and virtual? Or if not, we can skip a year and resume in 2021.
[If yes, discussion below applies to Implications 2020; if no, it applies to the next iteration.]
2) Goals of workshop: what are we trying to achieve?
+ General issue: Implications is too conference-like, does not stimulate discussion
+ General issue: Absence of results and updates new at the workshop
3) What changes to the format and practices would help achieve those goals?
+ Focus on individual analyses/areas rather than covering everything? Speakers encouraged to give their own perspective/opinion?
+ What can we show/discuss from analyses in progress?
+ Pedagogical theory talks beforehand?
+ Other ideas? More radical changes to format?
4) Steps needed to prepare those changes.
4) If going ahead in 2020: process to recruit people to implement them (e.g. convenors of sessions).
5) Committee membership: does everyone wish to continue? Do we need to add members?