CERN has put in place an ambitious improvement programme to make the injector chain of the LHC capable of supplying the high intensity and high brightness beams requested by the High-Luminosity LHC (HL-LHC) project. The LHC Injectors Upgrade (LIU) project comprises a new Linac (Linac4) as well as major upgrades and renovations of the Proton Synchrotron Booster (PSB), the Proton Synchrotron (PS) and the Super Proton Synchrotron (SPS). The heavy ion injector chain is also included, adding Linac3 and LEIR
to the list of accelerators concerned.
The LIU-PS project consists of two major upgrade programs: the upgrade of the injection energy at 2 GeV, with the necessary interventions in the injection area, and the upgrade of the RF systems.
- PS Upgrade WG Meeting
- PS Beam Dynamics Working Group
- Articles and posters concerning LIU-PS
- Workshops and topical meetings
- LIU-PS Technical Coordination Meetings
- LIU-PS Commissioning Meetings
- PS Machine Performance Coordination Meetings
- Ad hoc meetings