Note that due to the still difficult travel situation this conference will be held online from May 17th to 19th, 2021.
A meeting to discuss issues of engineering and integration for present and future tracking systems.
- Detector cooling
- Deflection, stability and precision of the structures, achieved and revisited requirements for the next generation
- Thermal expansion differences inside the detector
- Mass and therefore radiation length of mechanics, cables and pipes
- Humidity control, including gas flushing inside detector volume and along services
- Structural issues concerning humidity or outgassing
- Choices of construction materials
- Rails for support and guidance
- Alignment systems, requirements and "weak modes" of the system, in-situ adjustments, sensors including load sensors
- Pipe materials, pipe connection techniques and fittings
- Shock and vibration issues such as bond wire vibration during transport and in operation
- Effects on mechanics during fast discharge of magnet coils
- Tracker to beam-pipe interfaces and bakeout scenarios
- Failure management: What do we do to achieve a tracker with maximum duty cycle
- Service management: What strategies do we have to deal with services? How can we minimize installation and testing times?
- Radiation and mechanics: A discussion about the impacts of radiation on the design, materials and also issues like access constraints
- Maintenance scenarios and the required special tooling
- FEA and its comparison to real objects
You can have a chat with other Forum participants during the coffee breaks by using Wonder me at the following link: https://www.wonder.me/r?id=cf136d87-ea99-4154-915a-bd19a4bee588