The local committee has pre-booked rooms in different hotels in town, all close from the Uni Mail or easily connected with public transportation. Participants to the workshops can freely contact these hotels and mention OAI7. Pre-booking is valid until 5 weeks before the conference.
- Etap Hôtel - 50 rooms pre-booked - http://www.accorhotels.com/fr/hotel-5653-etap-hotel-geneve/index.shtml
- Hôtel Comédie - 6 chambres pre-booked - http://www.hotel-comedie.ch/
- Hôtel Le Grenil - 10 chambres pre-booked - http://www.grenil.ch/ [Booked Out]
For small budget (no pre-booking done by organisers)
- Geneva Youth Hostel: http://www.yh-geneva.ch/
- Backpacker Hostel: http://www.cityhostel.ch/english/
- Cité Universitaire de Genève: http://www.asso-etud.unige.ch/cite-uni/
If you arrive by plane, the Geneva International Airport offers you a free ticket into town, valid throughout the « Tout Genève » zone of the Geneva Public Transport system. You can get your ticket only from the machine which is to be found between the baggage carousel and immediately before customs.
Besides, if you are staying in Geneva, you will also receive a «Geneva Transport Card» (free travel on the Geneva Public Transport system throughout your stay) when you check in at your hotel, camp ground, youth hostel, etc.
For more information: http://www.genevahostel.ch/pdf/2008_transports-gratuits_EN.pdf