The 3 day school is organized jointly by
- the OpenGATE collaboration
- the Université Mohammed V Rabat
- the Université Cheikh Anta Diop Dakar
- the Université de Kinshasa
- the University of the Witwatersrand
- iThemba LABS
- the IEEE Nuclear and Plasma Sciences Society
It will be held online via Zoom.
The goal of the school is
- Learn the usage of the GATE platform for medical physics
- Understand the features of the platform dedicated to the development of detection systems (PET, SPECT, CT and X-rays) and detector response, the management of medical images, the development of clinical and preclinical beams in radiation therapy and dose calculation for different radiation therapy treatments (internal or external)
- Focus will be on imaging devices for clinical use
The school will be a combination of lectures on the various topics and hands-on exercises using GATE. Participants will run the exercises on their own computers so they can continue using GATE after the school.
After successfully attending the school, including the exercises, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Location and Date
May 31 - June 2, 2022
Online, with classrooms in different satellite locations
To be held online via Zoom. All sessions will be recorded and made available after the school.
April 15, 2022