This workshop is aimed at early stage researchers and will focus on several aspects of modern group theory and group actions. Each day will be dedicated to a specific topic; the themes and main speakers for each day are:
- Permutation groups: Cheryl Praeger (UWA Perth) and Rebecca Waldecker (Halle)
- Linear groups and maximal subgroups: Colva Roney-Dougal (St Andrews) and Donna Testerman (EPFL)
- Computational methods in group theory: Alice Niemeyer (Aachen) and Rebecca Waldecker (Halle)
- The Classification of the Finite Simple Groups and some applications: Inna Capdeboscq (Warwick) and Mandi Schaeffer-Fry (MSU Denver)
- Generation of finite groups: Eilidh McKemmie (Rutgers) and Colva Roney-Dougal (St Andrews)
The program will include further short talks by invited participants.
This is planned as an in-person workshop, and the deadline for applications to participate is 20th May.