By plane: Geneva Airport is 1 hour drive from les Houches.
The simplest way is to use a shuttle service (approximately 40 euros up to the school, book at least three days in advance). Click here for a complete view of the different companies. Beware: We do not recommend the Alpybus company.
By train: arrival at the Les Houches station, with one change at Saint-Gervais (from France), or at Martigny (from Switzerland). There are about 10 trains per day between St Gervais and Les Houches (schedules, 20mn trip). Then we strongly advise you to take a taxi (tel. +33 (0) 188.8.131.52.72 or +33 (0) 4.50 54 41 09) to go up to the school (5km).
By road: Les Houches are easily accessible from France (A41 highway), from Switzerland (Martigny and Col des Montets) and from Italy through the Mont Blanc Tunnel.
From Geneva and Le Fayet:
- 8km before Chamonix, 300 m after passing under the tunnel, bear right by the first road out for "Les Houches Bellevue".
- When arriving at the cable car station "Bellevue", turn right and continue upwards (roughly 2 km starting from the teleferic).
- 500m after the cable car station "Prarion", turn left and follow small arrows at crossroads.
- Continue up to the end of Route de la Côte des Chavants.
- Here you are!
- Bear right for "Les Houches-Chef-Lieu",
- Turn right in Les Houches,
- Go ahead at the cable car station "Bellevue".
- Then proceed as above.