Present: M.Frank, T.Madlehner
1) Pending problems
1) ISSUE970: Support for digitization in ddsim
==> On hold
2) ISSUE 1010: Changing Geant4 physics flags
==> To be finished by Andre
3) ISSUE 1031: SimHits versus RecHits
==> Close due to inactivity ?
4) ISSUE1072: Enhancement request: Allow etaMin, etaMax bounds in
Geant4IsotropeGenerator and DDSim/Helper/Gun.py enhancement.
(Partially implemented in PR 1075)
5) ISSUE1092: Toroidal magnetic field (ATLAS like)
==> Wait for caller (action: Thomas)
6) ISSUE1101: ddsim: Adjust default output based on compiled format support
==> Wait for caller, Won't fix ?
7) ISSUE1103:Allow isotrope generator to throw range around specified (reference) direction
==> Wait for caller
8) ISSUE1104: root output of ddsim: how to change
==> Wait for caller
Unhandled up to now:
9) ISSUE 1114: Persist HepMC3 GenRunInfo attributes into metadata tree
10) ISSUE1117: New visualization by reference edits alpha value of referenced VisAttr.
==> Suggestion would not solve what he wants to solve. Transparency through parent-daughter relationships)
11) ISSUE 1121: How to check for overlaps when using DDCAD
12) ISSUE 1130: MacOS Ambiguous assignment operator in Geant4Output2EDM4hep.cpp on LCG macOS platforms
13) PR1016: OpticalSurface example: fix detector driver
==> Pending since November
2) Closed issues and fixed problems
Main achievement: empty the queue of pending merge requests
1) PR1089: DDG4HepMC3: add optional support for reading compressed files
2) PR1125, ISSUE1090: CellID is
long long int in DD4hep, but
uint64_t in EDM4hep
accepted: standardize on uint64_t.
===> Investigation has started. Not obvious consequences: also internally confusion inside DD4hep
3) PR1108, PR1113, PR1112, PR1113, PR1124, PR1128 + ISSUE1110
Various podio/edm4hep issues.
Move to podio frame based writing
Support for event/run parameters saving
4) PR1126: Simplify for users to set the world material
5) PR1129: Exit ddsim with arg: --dumpParameter/dumpSteeringFile
3) Round table
Thomas: Problem: Tracker with hits between 2 tracking layers. Path length here is double the sensitive layer depth.
Next meeting: 29. June 2023