Tutorial on Geant4 for users interested to improve their understanding and usage of Geant4. Appropriate for creating intermediate and advanced applications in any domain, with emphasis on topics most relevant to experiments in High Energy or Nuclear Physics. This is a tutorial course based on Geant4 version 11.1.
Lectures will cover intermediate and advanced features of Geant4 starting from the basic building blocks covered in the beginners course, interspersed with discussion sessions.
The course is expected to be of interest to users with intermediate experience in Geant4 and familiarity with the toolkit. Participants are expected to have a reasonable knowledge of C++.
The course will be held in hybrid form, with both participation in person (limited) and online using Zoom (unlimited). A link to join will been provided to participants. Participation in person will require additional formalities to enter the CERN site.
Lectures will be held from 14:00 to 18:00 CEST (Central European Summer time).
- Basic knowledge of the C++ language
- Basic knowledge of MC simulation techniques
- Overview and knowledge of the Geant4 simulation toolkit, such as that obtained following the Geant4 beginners course or equivalent knowledge
- Intermediate experience in using the Geant4 simulation toolkit, from developing a new application using Geant4 or modifying an existing Geant4 application.
- Acquire deeper understanding of particle transport Monte Carlo
- Acquire additional knowledge and experience in using the Geant4 simulation toolkit
Late registration is now available until Tuesday, October 10th. Conditions: no invoice will be provided, and we can offer the option to attend in person only for those who already are able to enter the CERN site.