The Romanian Students Internship Programme 2023 takes place from 19 November to 2 December 2023. This programme is a unique opportunity for students from Romania, as a CERN Member State to be introduced to CERN, its technologies and physics, as well as to learn through workshops and by shadowing, observing, and interacting with a member of personnel.
„Romanian Students Internship Programme 2023 (SIP – RO)” will take place at CERN (Geneva, Switzerland). The programme brings together students, along with some of the best teachers and researchers in particle physics, to create an intensive two-week-long learning experience in an open and interactive environment. Students will also engage in group projects and will have the opportunity to present their experiences within the two weeks.
- The candidate should be a bachelor student in Romania in physics.
- Candidates should have completed at least two years of full-time studies by the summer of 2023.
- The candidate must have a good knowledge of English.
- Priority will be given to candidates that have started a collaboration with members of the Romanian groups participating in experiments at CERN.
How to Apply:
- The applicants have to apply online at Registration.
- The candidates should provide standard personal information, e.g., name, address, date of birth, etc.
- The applicants should have all the required documents before applying: the curriculum vitae (CV), letter of motivation, one mandatory reference letter from your lecturers or a researcher in the field.
- Candidates should complete all the required fields for each section.
- Complete your application form carefully and submit it because it cannot be edited after submission.
The application deadline for the Romanian Students Internship Programme 2023 is 27th October 2023 (10:00 a.m. CEST). Preliminary results will be announced by e-mail shortly after this date, followed by the project assignments.
No participation fee applies, the programme is free of charge. The lodging (at CERN Hostel) and meals cost for all 10 selected students (extend it up to 12 students depending on the costs) is fully covered as part of the national project ,,Discover the Universe with Romania @CERN (DUROCERN)”. Transportation costs between Bucharest and Geneva are also covered.
Further details on the curriculum, travel, social events, etc., will be added to this page when available.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you!
Students Internship Programme Managers:
Sascha Schmeling and Sarah Zoechling for CERN
Roxana Zus for Romania
In case of emergency:
CERN fire brigade: 0041 22 76 74444 (internal: 74444)