Diego and Leo have prepared a set of slides explaining their current work
with the replacement of CINT stub functions by direct calls to the compiled code
Diego Marcos.Segura & Leo Franco
Tour de Table20m
Minutes of ROOT Team meeting 9 March 2007
-MAPS/MARS must be completed before March 20
-First mini tour de table to check the list of developments before
the 5.15/04 scheduled for March 21.
Talk by Diego & Leo
Congratulations to Diego and Leo for their interesting presentation.
Suggestions by Fons will be included in their next slide iteration.
Tour de Table
Spent some time on PVSS and Root...
Made changes in system/win32 threads to improve use of
Made changes in Tsystem and Tapplication for autoload mechanism
Actually working on TThread on Windows and Drag and drop (linux AND
- working to a patch to:
- implement prioritized resource sharing at worker level following
an idea of Andy Hanushevsky; the processing time of lower priority
users is artificially inflated (by delaying the request for new
packets) by a factor depending on the priority of the group to
which the user belongs.
- implement an interface to chose a ROOT version among a list setup
by the administrator
- implement class, macro loading functionality (ALICE request)
CASTOR related (patch in 5.14.00d):
- modify 'rootd' to prevent failures observed on Castor servers due to
missing $HOME directories
- fix a few problems with globus authentication in Castor environment
(following a request from LHCb)
After last PROOF - Alice meeting we were investigating the problems with
some queries being analyzed slowly (spikes in graphs from cocktail tests).
The analysis showed that two slaves on the cluster underperform.
We also did a number of local and PROOF test to compare the processing
rates and identify bottle neck (hard disk / network). After changing
ProofBench, we run PROOF and local ROOT analysis on the same sets of files.
The old ProofBench files were generated with no compression due to the
fact that Branch constructor automagically defaults to no compression,
unlike the tree. Has to changed.
-fixing CINT autloader + unload issue, thanks to suggestion by Philippe;
-picking up reflex; plan to move to gccxml 0.7 instead of 0.6 + 3 cern
-long list of THtml bugs by Olivier, Ilka, Lorenzo; depends on fixes in
TASImage, waiting for Valeriy
-passing the "flambeau" to Axel
-introducing new version of gccxml
-additions to Unuran
-working on the TF1 extensions
-will introduce the changes in TRandom::Gaus (copied fron Unuran)
- Fix in TGListView (in cvs)
- Fix in fit panel recursive remove (in cvs)
- Editors' layout fixes related to cross-platform view (in cvs today)
- Working on Fit panel function loading and parameters' setting
- Testing GUI with the new auto loading mechanism
- Working on the color wheel example
- User's Guide v5.14 sent for printing
- Working on the QuickStart Guide of ROOT
-Working on several tiny improvements, in particular around the
-Implemented changes in the color management (TStyle/TColor)
-about to introduce the code to paint the ColorWheel
-mention of the good news about the comparison G4/TGeo by Andrei