470. Measurement of the nuclear modification factor and v2 of electrons from heavy flavour decays in Pb-Pb collisions at 2.76 TeV with ALICE
Shingo Sakai (Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (US))
In heavy-ion collisions, charm and beauty (heavy flavour) quarks are produced primarily in the initial, hard partonic interactions. They successively interact with the hot and dense Quark-Gluon Plasma (QGP) expected to be formed in such collisions. Therefore, measurements of heavy flavour production provide relevant information on the properties of the QGP. This talk presents measurements by...
164. Measurements of Non-photonic Electrons Production and Elliptic Flow in 39, 62.4 and 200 GeV Au+Au Collisions from STAR at RHIC
Mustafa Mustafa (Purdue University)
Heavy flavor and quarkonium production
Heavy quarks are produced early in the heavy-ion collisions and are expected to interact with the created strongly interacting partonic medium differently from light quarks. Therefore, they can shed new light on understanding the medium's properties. Simultaneous measurements of spectra and elliptic flow of electrons from semileptonic decays of heavy flavor hadrons at different collision...
483. Measurement of muon tagged b-jet production in Pb+Pb collisions at 2.76 TeV with the ATLAS detector at the LHC
Dennis Perepelitsa (Columbia University)
Bottom quark is a very important probe to study the hot, dense medium produced in the heavy ion collisions. Bottom quark is produced at the relatively early stage of the nucleus-nucleus collisions and may have a small gluon radiation due to a suppression of small angle gluon radiation `dead cone effect’. Because the heavy mass of b-hadrons, muons from semi-leptonic b-hadron decays tend to have...
473. Elliptic flow of J/psi at forward rapidity in Pb-Pb Collisions at 2.76 TeV with the ALICE experiment
Hongyan Yang (CEA - Centre d'Etudes de Saclay (FR))
Charmonium production in heavy ion collisions has been studied at different energies and with different collision systems over the last few decades, ever since the J/psi suppression induced by color screening of its constituent quarks was proposed as a signature of the formation of a quark gluon plasma (QGP) in heavy-ion collisions. The recent measurement of the J/psi production in Pb-Pb...
463. Nuclear Modification Factor and Elliptic Flow of Muons from Open Heavy Flavour Decays at Forward Rapidity in Pb-Pb Collisions at 2.76 TeV with ALICE
Xiaoming Zhang (Univ. Blaise Pascal Clermont-Fe. II (FR))
Heavy quark production is one of the probes for investigating the properties of the high-density medium formed in heavy-ion collisions at high energy. The suppression of heavy flavour production, at high momentum, quantified via the nuclear modication factor is used to study the in-medium energy loss mechanism of heavy quarks. The measurement of the collective flow of heavy flavours provides...