Weekly Meeting

→ Europe/Zurich
CR01 (RAL)

CR01

RAL

Steve Fisher (RAL)
Description
<html> <head> <title>Minutes.html</title> </head> <body>
  • Past Events
    • None
  • Future Events
    • GridPP19
      Antony will attend
    • CHEP 07 Victoria
      Paper accepted
    • Sixth UK e-Science All Hands Meeting.
      Antony will attend and Steve may have a day there
    • EGEE07 Budapest
      Antony and Steve to attend
  • Actions
  • Antony

    • Check with Matt Hodges on what he is doing with Nagios and rgma-server-check
      No reply yet - will prompt him again - and again?
    • Check code and design of task Q
      Now just need to move to tasks package
    • Give info to Stephen Burke for status/version etc
    • Write setup script for new R-GMA
    • #24007 org.glite.rgma.flexible-archiver contains deprecated calls
    • #24029 org.glite.rgma.servicetool contains deprecated calls
    • #27808 GIN not handling GlueServiceAssociation properly
    • #22205 Upgrade to Glue schema 1.3
      Should address Paventhan's bug and add in the meta data columns at the same time. We must first be very clear about the types of the columns.
    • Add metadata columns to all tables in consultation with users
    • Patch #1086 is in production so will need to tell people to start using the new exception soon
    • Get UI info so that we can get back in the RTM
      Now we must wait for 3.1 to be deployed. Need to look at the C++ header file on a WN to find out. In future each API component should deposit a file with the version number.

    Arun

    • Tuple Strore and Manager
      In progress
    • Primary Producer
      Test cases for creating PP and declaring a table
    • Test that new streaming really works - once we have a producer

    Ming

    • Write schema system tests
      All basic stuff works! Trying with 3 machines but some problems with database connection
    • Tidy up logging
    • #19645 The Sub exception org.edg.info.ReadTimedOutException is an inappropriate type

    Parminder

    • Convert tests to python
      All non-parallel tests completed except for 3 which fail for some unknown reason. All files copied to HEAD - will now see if they work. Some problems exist on HEAD.
    • See if we can use SLC3 machines - then can phase out .sh files.
      The only problem is the python tar module. Work around it by invoking tar directly via popen3. Making changes currently.

    Paventhan

    • Report on timing issues with R-GMA
      Was taking around 10 seconds a query - we now have a new registry and will try again. It is no better - but this could be an overloaded archiver
    • Track bug 27810 Some lfc-file-catalog service types do not have GlueService UniqueID attribute set
    • Track bug 22605 Glue Service Uniqueid issue
    • Track bug 28196 The service status attribute is missing (BDII) for ChannelAgent service type
    • Investigate SAGA plugin mechanism
      There is no documentation for the C++ mechanism. Going through the file adapter. Now got 2 adapters - trying to load them together. It compiles but crashes when loading
    • Find how we want to do it to support multiple plugins

    Steve

    • Logging document with Ales
      Have now decided how to complete a rather watered down document.
    • Dependency challenge work
      Good progress - should finish most this week
    • CHEP07 paper
    • Track patch #1093 for GIN
      Now in certification (3.0.3 RC1)
    • Track patch #1212 Optimisations to the R-GMA registry as a fix for bug #27510
      3.0.2 PPS Update 37 (25th July)
    • Track patch #1211 R-GMA CLI fix for Bug #27504 Removed getAllTable call from __init__
      3.0.2 PPS Update 37 (25th July)
    • Add to the spec that both client and mon box names should be a stringified numeric IP addresses
    • Understand ping
    • Decide on what to do with exceptions (2 or many and what about the types?). Try to make what is says in the spec consistent with reality. Just need to clarify in the spec
    • Check for consistency between design and code for consumer. Started reconciling - found explict registry URLs
  • Current issues - round table
  • Support list
    • 20/8/2007 - Antony
    • 27/8/2007 - Paventhan
    • 3/9/2007 - Ming
    • 10/9/2007 - Parminder
    • 17/9/2007 - Alastair
  • AOB
</body> </html>
list of actions
Minutes
The agenda of this meeting is empty