Weekly Meeting

→ Europe/Zurich
CR04 (RAL)

CR04

RAL

Steve Fisher (RAL)
Description
  • Past Events
    • None
  • Future Events
    • EGEE07 Budapest
      Antony and Steve to attend
    • OGF21
    • JRA1 All-Hands
  • Actions
  • Alastair

    • Ensure 3.1 is correctly specified
      There are a few errors yet. Alastair has e-mailed but no response yet.
    • Database pooling
      Alastair has a concern about a non-used class being unloaded and losing its static data. This was resolved in the afternoon.
    • Do the "one week jobs" for the dependency challenge
    • Fix the registry to conform to the design (or vice versa) except for replication.
    • Investigate the configuration parameters for MySQL and for Tomcat
      Tried on RGMA17 but it does not work because the parameters are for the wrong JVM
    • RGMA_HOME value is built into the RPM. Should move to CATALINA_OPTS

    Antony

    • Check that job monitoring is running well on PPS
      Will speak to Dave Kant to find out how to submit regular jobs to the 2 RBs.
    • Check with Matt Hodges on what he is doing with Nagios and rgma-server-check
      Someone else is doing it - but nothing yet
    • Check code and design of task Q
      Time out done but not documented. Not yet made it sleep when nothing runnable but Q not empty.
    • Give info to Stephen Burke for status/version etc
      Should have been stored in CVS by Stephen
    • Complete GoogleEarth thing
    • Write setup script for new R-GMA
    • #24007 org.glite.rgma.flexible-archiver contains deprecated calls
    • #24029 org.glite.rgma.servicetool contains deprecated calls
    • #27808 GIN not handling GlueServiceAssociation properly
    • #22205 Upgrade to Glue schema 1.3
      Should address Paventhan's bug and add in the meta data columns at the same time. We must first be very clear about the types of the columns.
    • Add metadata columns to all  tables in consultation with users
    • Patch #1086  is in production so will need to tell people to start using the new exception soon
    • Get UI info so that we can get back in the RTM
      Now we must wait for 3.1 to be deployed. Need to look at the C++ header file on a WN to find out. In future each API component should deposit a file with the version number.

    Arun

    • Primary Producer
      Test cases for creating PP and declaring a table insert and insertlist done. Decide to use the normal schema operation for table look up which does not return the metadata columns.
    • Test that new streaming really works - once we have a producer
      Not much documentation -will look at the old code.

    Ming

    • Remove operation provided for Arun that is no longer needed.
    • Plan how to introduce delegation
    • #19645 The Sub exception org.edg.info.ReadTimedOutException is an inappropriate type

    Parminder

    • Convert tests to python
      BFS flexible test is being worked on.

    Paventhan

    • Report on timing issues with R-GMA
      Was taking around 10 seconds a query - we now have a new registry and will try again. It is no better - but this could be an overloaded archiver. Will try on PPS.
    • Track bug 27810 Some lfc-file-catalog service types do not have GlueServiceUniqueID attribute set
      Patch has gone out but no change seen yet.
    • Track bug 22605 Glue Service Uniqueid issue
    • Complete SAGA plugin mechanism
      Have added SD class as top level user visible 
    • Find how we want to do it to support multiple plugins

    Steve

    • Chase people for booking up for JRA1 All Hands meeting
      Arun, Parminder, Paventhan and Ming still to sign up
    • Track  patch #1093  for GIN
      Maria reports that work has started and will take about a week
    • Add to the spec that both client and mon box names should be a stringified numeric IP addresses
    • Understand ping
    • Decide on what to do with exceptions (2 or many and what about the types?). Try to make what is says in the spec consistent with reality. Just need to clarify in the spec
    • Check for consistency between design and code for consumer. 
      Started reconciling - Found problem with consumer not behaving properly when there are problems.
  • Current issues - round table
  • Support list
    • 17/9/2007 - Alastair
    • 24/9/2007 - Antony
    • 1/10/2007 - Paventhan
    • 8/10/2007 - Ming
    • 15/10/2007 - Parminder
  • AOB
list of actions
Minutes
The agenda of this meeting is empty