General introduction and overview on Castor Project
- scope and purpose of Castor
- brief history of its evolution
- main requirements at time Castor was designed
- new requirements (SRM?, xrootd?,...)
- of software design, main components
- of implementation (no. of disk servers, ...)
General Overview on current status and plans
- what has been delivered so far
- what is in the plans (deliverables and timescales...)
Resources available to project
- team members and roles etc.
Functionnal description of main components of Castor : stager, catalogs, ...
Current status with respect to what is needed
Interfaces to different implementations (xrootd, ...)
Process for identifying, setting up and maintaining computing resources on which Castor service runs.
What is required for a single Castor instance (stager, message logger, ...)
What servers are provided.
How these are seen by the database people
(interesting question here is whether to pay for Oracle certified hardware, RedHat certified h/w or just generic systems)
Information on operational experience
- Stability and reliability
- coverage 24x7, response times etc
Performance of database components as seen by those running database services
Comparison with Quality of Service requirements as defined in MoU
- What was/is in place for Castor1
- What is in place for Castor2
Integration of castor2 vs castor1 with rest of [FIO] services
Review committee to meet, prepare and deliver presentation giving preliminary findings and recommendations of the review.
Meeting of Referees (closed)2h 30m
Time for committee to prepare a statement of its findings
Findings of the Review Committee1h
The committee will deliver its findings. This will also be opportunity for discussion to provide missing information and to correct misunderstangs before the final review document is prepared.