Visitor access cards/registration: If you have a valid CERN access card, please remember to bring it. For those of you who do not possess one, please note that the guards at each entrance to the site will have a list of participants for the meeting and will let you in. You will then be given a badge on Thursday morning at the start of the meeting that will act as a 'visitor's access card' throughout your stay. Should you have any problems please call: +41 (0)76 487 68 73.
For public transport outside these hours, and from Geneva International Airport at Cointrin:
- first take a free public transport ticket from the machine you will find at the exit to the baggage collection hall, just before customs control.
- then you can take bus Y direction "CERN" and get off at the CERN stop opposite the large Globe and the CERN site.
- or take bus 23, 28 or 57 and get off at "Blandonnet" and then catch tram 18, final stop "CERN".
See the TPG web site for full details.
For a taxi, please call the following numbers: + 41 22 320 22 02 or +41 22 731 41 41.
Transport around CERN
Please consult the following map and the a link to the CERN shuttle service.
Transport from Holiday Inn Thoiry and Business Park Hotel Thoiry:
For those staying at the Holiday Inn Thoiry and Business Park Hotel Thoiry, please note that a bus to CERN has been organised on the following days and times and will depart from the Holiday Inn Thoiry (just next door and in walking distance to the Business Park Hotel):
- Thursday morning from the Holiday Inn Thoiry to CERN Gate B leaving at 08:00
- Thursday evening from the restaurant in Meyrin with a drop off at CERN and the Holiday Inn Thoiry leaving at 22:00
- Friday morning from the Holiday Inn Thoiry to CERN leaving at 08:15.
Should you require transport outside of the above mentioned schedule, please make your own arrangements and check directly with your hotel for the hotel shuttle times. No other transport has been arranged during the meeting.