Shkodra, a 2500 years old city, has traditionally been the principal center of Albanian culture. Lying by the side of the lake, at the foot of Rozafa castle, and surrounded by the Buna, Drini and Kiri rivers, nested between the Shkodra lake and mountains, Shkodra exhibits a rare natural beauty. A rich historic heritage provide interest to the city. There are footstep from old civilization combine with new modern one.
Nested between the Shkodra lake and mountains, Shkodra benefits from a truly exceptional natural environment that has made it since Roman time an open city.
People who travel to Shkodra by car from Montenegro, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Serbia can reach city coming from Montenegro Border in Hani Hotit or Muriqan. People traveling from Macedonia or other countries can reach Shkodra by national roads after passing border in East Albania.
- International Tirana Airport is at 90 km from Shkodra
- A Bus is foreseen to run from Tirana Airport to Shkodra on Sunday 5 October late afternoon (90km - 1h30 track duration) and on Thursday Morning back to Tirana airport.
- The transfer could be also made by TAXI at a cost of about 35-40€. If you have to use it, lets us known so we will order for you a taxi coming from Shkodra to wait for you at the Tirana Airport (less expensive)
- International Pristina Airport (Kosovo). Many low cost company serve Pristina, but the Airport is at 235km and about 3 hours away from Shkodra. It could be interesting if you are several people, rent a car and you are ready to devote some time to visit the region.
- International Podgorica Airport (Monte Negro). The Airport is at about 50km from Shkoder so it could take 45mn track duration. If you use this possibility ask us to order for you a taxi coming from Shkodra.