After the last appointment in December 2013 in Edinburgh, we are proud to invite you to join the DPM workshop 2014.
DPM is one of the most important storage managers of the Grid environment. It is installed in more than 200 sites, hosting more than 50PB of massively accessed data.
This last year has seen both evolution of DPM and a start of consolidation of the new technologies inside it, together with a constant push towards giving powerful HTTP and WebDAV access to large storage clusters, while giving high priority to maintaining the support for the common Grid protocols at the highest level of quality.
Keeping the continuity from the discussions of last year, this appontment in Naples is dedicated to show and discuss items like:
- current status of the implementation of the features
- current status of the deployment in sites
- points of view of the system administrators, that made DPM a successful system
- current status of the codebase and the build system
- availability of the packages in the mainstream repositories
- deprecation of YAIM and transition to Puppet-based setups
- realtime activity monitoring and compatibility with the existing GLED infrastructure
- federating DPMs using the Xrootd and HTTP protocols
- new components, their adoption in the codebase and in the sites
- cross-components restructuring and improvements
The registration will open soon, we hope that we will be able to make this one more successful event, thanks to your participation and your ideas.