30th September - Milú Gastrobar
Shared dishes of Spanish food: fried aubergine, spinach salad with bacon and mushrooms, "huevos rotos" with boletus, ox. Chocolate cake. Wine & water included. 21 eur - extra drinks not included.
1st October - Marín Restaurante
- Starters to share every 4 people
- Mushrooms fried with shrimps, "pimientos del piquillo", pepper filled with cod, etc.
- Main course
- hake, tuna, cod, turbot
- ox, hamburger, lamb chops
22,50 eur - includes 1 bottle of wine every 4, or 1 drink. Extra drinks not included.
The Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (UAM) is located in Cantoblanco, a rural area in the northern outskirts of Madrid. Despite being part of the municipality of Madrid, the campus is nearer the towns of Alcobendas and Tres Cantos.
The workshop will take place in the Room 309, Module C0 of the Science School (Facultad de Ciencias), which is the building in the picture. The Science School is the building number 5 in this Campus Map (in spanish). The main entrance by train is located on the left hand side of the map: "Acceso RENFE UAM".
How to reach the UAM
...from the Airport: the airport is well connected with the city center and the UAM by public means: subway, train and bus.
- By bus: is the easiest and quickest way. The trip takes around 25 minutes. Intercity Bus Route 827 and 828 runs from terminal T4 of the airport to UAM (towards Canillejas-Alcobendas-Tres Cantos or Canillejas-Alcobendas-Universidad Autónoma). Exact location of the bus stop at the terminal T4. The fare is 1.5EUR / one-way ticket. It runs from 6:33 to 23:13.
- By subway/train: it takes 1hour and 20 min. Take the subway line 8 towards Nuevos Ministerios station (exact location of the subway station at the terminal T2 and at the terminal T4). In Nuevos Ministerios station, change to the train C-4 towards Alcobendas/San Sebastián de los Reyes or Colmenar Viejo. The destination is "Cantoblanco, Universidad Autónoma".
- By taxi: from Airport to UAM it should cost around 35 EUR, and take no more than 20 min (without obstruction). The exact address for the taxi driver is "Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Campus de Cantoblanco".
...from the City Center: Take the direct train C-4 towards "Alcobendas/San Sebastián de los Reyes" or "Colmenar Viejo". You can take this train from many stations in the city center: Atocha, Puerta del Sol, Nuevos Ministerios, Chamartin. Stop in: "Cantoblanco Universidad". As you get out the station, walk up to Francisco Tomás y Valiente,nr. 7.
A taxi may be an expensive option here, and difficult to estimate in time and money in rush hour.
The UAM has got an on-campus residence: Residencia Erasmo, but it is mostly oriented to students. You can, nevertheless, contact for information:
firstname.lastname@example.org Residencia Universitaria Erasmo Campus Universitario de Cantoblanco C/ Erasmo de Rotterdam, 5-7 28049 Madrid Tel : +34 911 883 000 Fax: +34 913 720 007 www.resa.es
Your stay depends on your taste, because Madrid offers a huge variety of accomodations. We recommend to stay in the city center, as it is best connected to the UAM, to the Airport and free-time activities. There are many options that you may compare in booking.com.
The best communicated area is "Nuevos Ministerios", where there is a train station, from where you can take a direct train to UAM that only takes 17 min. Following, some suggestions in this area (prices may vary)
|Name||Price/night EUR||Website||Quality||Distance to Nuevos Ministerios|
|Espahotel plaza basilica||72||http://www.apartamentos-plazabasilica.com||****||850m|
|Rafael Hoteles Orense||143||https://www.rafaelhoteles.com||****||1200m|
|4c cuatro caminos||55||http://www.hostalcuatrocaminos.com||Hostel||1000m|
|Hotel Gran Atlanta||60||http://www.hotelgranatlanta.com||****||950m|
(close to Puerta del Sol)
Madrid offers a good public transport system. The majority of the subway lines run from 6.00AM to 2.00AM. The trains run from 6.00 to 23.30. You normally buy individual tickets in the machines at the stations (1.5 to 2 EUR one-way ticket). You can save some money by buying the 10-rides ticket, only valid for subway & bus.
For anything you may need:
Almudena Montiel - email@example.com
Jose del Peso - firstname.lastname@example.org
Marcia McGowan (secretary) - email@example.com