The Invisibles15 School precedes Invisibles15 Workshop. In this edition the focus of the school will be collider physics, flavour and BSM phenomenology. The school will take place at the UAM conference facility La Cristalera, Madrid, Spain, from June 15 to June 20 2015.
Lecture topics include:
- Effective Field Theory - David B. Kaplan
- Physics Beyond the Standard Model - Hitoshi Murayama
- LHC Phenomenology - Gilad Perez
- LHC Tools - Fabio Maltoni
- LHC Experimental Aspects - Lydia Fayard
- Flavour Physics - Yossi Nir
- Tutorial sessions every day - Mattias Blennow, Concha Gonzalez-Garcia, Silvia Pascoli and Steve Parke.
- Two special 1-hour lectures - Alvaro de Rújula, Concha Gonzalez-García.
We will also have a poster session where all students are welcome to participate bringing their own poster on their research. NEW: Lecture videos are available here!
- Registration closes by March 15th (550 € fee); applications from that date on will still be accepted through this web page, but added to a waiting list in which timely applications have priority.
- Registration is provisional and for timely applications it will be confirmed via email by March 27th at the latest;
- Payment deadline: April 17th;
- The school fee includes local transportation to and from the School venue (buses at fixed dates and times to/from airport and city center), full board (accommodation, all meals and coffee/tea breaks) and social activities, including a half day excursion to Segovia and traditional dinner there;
- Late tentative registrations will be put in a waiting list and an answer will be provided as soon as possible.
The outreach activities associated to Invisibles 15 will take place the week after, during the workshop, at the Madrid Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum, one of the most important world art museums. One of the special events is a "Invisibles-Thyssen" painting exhibition open to the public suggesting a connection between Art and Science. We would appreciate the early help of participants by suggesting specific paintings from the museum exhibitions via an email to email@example.com, accompanied of a short explanation on the conection between art and science in those paintings.
School secretariat: Milvia Soumbounou, Tiina Timonen, Mónica Vergel. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: +34 912999894 or +34 606459752 (mobile)
This project has received funding from the European Union's seventh Framework Programme for research, technological development and demonstration under grant agreement no 289442.