Organized in the framework of Open Discovery Space (ODS) EU project, this event will offer 260 high school students, teachers, and education specialists in Cyprus, the opportunity to visit live CERN, to take a tour at the experimental facilities, including the CMS detector and the SM18 magnet assembly area, and to learn what it takes for CERN scientists to keep on pushing the boundaries of our understanding of the origins of the Universe at the world’s largest particle physics laboratory. This event will be attended by the National Coordinator of ODS in Cyprus, Mr. Thanasis Hajilakos.
The participating schools are presented below.
1) 50 students, 1st Technical School, Limassol | Contact: Achilleas Kapartzianis, firstname.lastname@example.org
2) 30 students, 3rd Technical School, Limassol | Contact: Christos Makris, email@example.com
3) 60 students, Lanitio Lyceum, Limassol | Contact: Stalo Sourmeli, firstname.lastname@example.org
4) 60 students, Maκario Lyceum, Larnaca | Contact: Paris Papadopoulos, email@example.com
5) 60 students, Lyceum of Paralimni, Ammochostos | Contact: Vassilis Kittos, firstname.lastname@example.org
ODS Cyprus | Contact: Kyriakoula Georgiou, email@example.com
Agenda (CET times)
11:45 - 11:59 Schools connect with CMS CR via Vidyo
12:00 - 12:05 Welcome to CERN from CMS CR (A. Alexopoulos, A. Andronidis)
12:05 - 12:20 Tour around SM18 (A. Agapitos)
12:20 - 12:40 Tour around CMS experimental cavern (C. Lazaridis)
12:40 - 12:55 Q&A
12:55 - 13:00 Goodbye
Noemi Beni & Zoltan Zsillasi
25 Feb - OK!
Media Coverage of the Virtual Visit