# ARGUS Collaboration Meeting - 9/10/2015
## General News
* Selection process restarted for the hired person that did not come
* The other person (Marco) has started and will work partly on ARGUS
* UMD-4 still being build: small delay
* Internal testbed will use Puppet
* BDII already verified
* First announcement postponed
## EL7 and Java8 Support
Update of dependencies (Jetty, VOMS, Canl) completed for all components
* No stress tests done yet
* To build the real packages, need to push the last version of dependencies to the repos
* Packages available for beta testing
* CERN ready to do it in some production-like environment
* Put these packages in UMD-4 repos as soon as we are confident there is no known flaw: need to provide an automatic test suite
* No YAIM config provided with the new packages: need to rely on Puppet, Quattor or something else
* Configuration files not changed since last version
* Need to be stated clearly for sites who may want to migrate
* No functional change: only a few minor fixes
Client/server compatibility matrix using the ARGUS test suite
* Still fixing some of the tests that seem impossible to succeed
* Run through a Jenkins instance
* The new person at CNAF also spotted a few changes required: would be good to coordinate
## Open Issues - New needs
* Hypothesis last month was that CMS VOBOX was calling ARGUS with its own cert (no VOMS extension) rather than the user cert, confusing/overloading ARGUS... Almost clear that this is not the only trigger.
* Cause for the CMS problem remains to be understood... still tuned
* Recent analysis showed that an additional problem was that when the ARGUS server was unresponsive, CREAM would remember it during a significant period (up to several hours if unlucky).
* when CREAM was complaining about impossibility of getting a pepd answer, using the pep client would work on the same machine...
* Problem in the pep Java client? connection reused?
* Some tuning on one CE was done: need to wait next incident to see the exact impact
* ARGUS overload seen recently due to many WNs contacting the server at the same time (glexec): may be connected to some application workflow, to be analyzed
* NFS used for the shared gridmapdir may be the bottleneck in this kind of situation: in this case, ARGUS is more a victim than a culprit, may require improving ARGUS to use a database rather than the legacy gridmapdir. In fact planned in INDIGO.
* NFS/gridmapdir is not involved in the CMS VOBOX problem
Andrea : the ARGUS Java client library may rely on a http client library that may be old and not used by any other component. Should look at it
* First guess: the problem seen on CREAM at CERN may be related to a connection pooling problem
Extending the policy engine to support authz in IOTA context (see Misha's email after last meeting): decision based on VO+CA
* Andrea: should be no major problem to add the support for this. Need to agree on what we want to do exactly.
Add Marco to GGUS support unit and to ARGUS future discussion list.
Next meeting: November 6, 2 pm CET
* Agreement to continue with this monthly meeting with the generally the first Friday of the month as the probable date