Minutes from the VMC meeting on 04 Feb 2009
Meeting page: http://indico.cern.ch/event/vmc_feb09
Actions: New code to be put in SVN and Mohammad should provide a simple example of usage
- The first thing discussed was related to the implementation of GEANE EUSTEP method in G3-VMC by Mohammad Al-Turany. The Idea is to have the user application called from the user-routine eustep in the same manner as TVirtualMCApplication::Stepping(). This is a nice development that goes along the line of more close integration with G3-VMC. Mohammad proposed to have a new method TVirtualMCApplication::SteppingGEANE() to disttinguish between the application stepping in simulation/tracking. Mohammad will send his proposed changes so they can be integrated.
Actions: Alessandra should cross-check with Andrea Fontana that her changes are applied w.r.t the SVN version before sending us the patch
- Another GEANE-related issue discussed was the previous report by Alessandra Filippi related to an observed reconstructed momentum shift. The point was presented to M.Maire (main author of GEANE) who validated the arguments of her report. Alessandra will send us the patch to ERTRCH
Action: To be investigated with G4 team (Ivana)
- The list of open issues were discussed and most of them closed. Moved by Ivana to: http://root.cern.ch/drupal/content/vmc-fixed-problems The only remaining issue from previous meeting is #4 that is also supposed to be fixed starting from ROOT 5.22-00, but this has to be confirmed with usage of more complex setups. If no confirmation of the problem persisting is received, we will close the issue next VMC meeting.
Action: - We wait a short report on this next VMC meeting by Alessandra
- Another new issue was pointed out by Alessandra who suspects some problems in the way how the error covariance matrix is propagated in GEANE
- A new magnetic field interface was recently implemented in ROOT and shortly described in the meeting. For more details, see: http://root.cern.ch/root/html/TVirtualMagField.html This can be used from within VMC or independent of it. To use with VMC, one has to set the field (in the new format) via: gMC->SetMagField(myField)
There are minutes attached to this event.