WLCG throughput call

31/S-023 (CERN)



Show room on map
0) Agenda Review/Update, News 1) perfSONAR status - Issues to report for 3.5.1 - WLCG deployment/operations status 2) WLCG network throughput SU tickets 3) Focus Topic: Re-organisation of the WLCG-wide meshes 4) Round-table about throughput, network, monitoring, data transfer and new issues to track 5) AOB and next meeting

Throughput Meeting --- August 17, 2016



Attending:  Shawn, Marian, Xinran, Ilija, Andy, Jason

Excused:  Horst




0) Agenda review --  No changes.  Must be August since not many showed up for today's meeting :)


1) perfSONAR status

     i) New network problems  - RAL issue (see slides today),  MIT issue: MANLAN->MIT mbit/sec. Jason: LHCONE complicating the problem. See https://www.dropbox.com/s/qkcswsil3x8lhs0/perfsonar-traffic-flow.jpg?dl=0

           and https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9hfgfbh56ut1ue0/AABs0Dt3v7vovsoZae2Dqf4ra?dl=0 from Michael Tiernan.  Marian: Try tracepath from MANLAN to MIT to check MTU?


    ii) Updates on perfSONAR, MaDDash, mesh-config, etc.   Andy: Prepping for RC for perfSONAR in a few weeks.    Also test version of MaDDash available.

              Mesh-configuration challenges:  who own this?  Need long-term home.


2) Presentation on Network Analytics  (Xinran Wang & Ilija Vukotic / UC) See the network analytics presentation at :



        Question about whether ML is taking into account the topology? No not yet.    Alerting system is chatty?  Ilija: not too much so...tests showed

         a few emails a day.  Test it yourself.   Marian: question about NTP issues and bad time?  Lots of discussion.  Marian also noted new student

         will be at CERN and available to work on network analytics for ~2 months to see if there is a suitable bachelor's level topic there.  Will

         open email thread with Ilija on possibilities.



3) Round-table: Items to discuss?   No time this meeting.


4) AOB and next meeting:  We will be having the next meeting sometime in September (8th) and will be the European variant. 

     We will send email notification as we get closer.

There are minutes attached to this event. Show them.
The agenda of this meeting is empty