A half day physics meeting on gravitational waves.
Leading scientists from the Astro and HEP communities will present the recent discovery of gravitational waves and future prospects of this new field in fundamental physics. The talks are aimed at interested researchers at all levels across all of London's universities.
Registration free at charge required for organisational reasons.
- Dr Gabriela Gonzalez (LSU, USA), LIGO spokesperson
- Dr Marcelle Soares-Santos (Fermilab, USA), DES & LIGO collaborator
- Dr Eugene Lim (King's College London) - Theory
- Prof Tim Sumner (Imperial College London) - LISA
- Prof Giles Hammond (Edinburgh) - UK contributions
We appreciate the support by the various universities in and around London and the Astro, Gravitational Wave and HEP branches of the IOP to organise this event.
- Bjoern Penning (Bristol & Imperial College London)
- Andreas Korn (University College London)
- Teppei Katori (Queen Mary)
- John Ellis (King's College London)
- Malcolm Fairbairn (King's College London)
- Marcella Bona (Queen Mary)
- Hiranya Peiris (University College London)
- Lucian Harland-Lang (University College London)