MP3 meeting 12 May 2009
Minutes of the previous meeting
They were approved without any comment
Aperture swap in RQTL7.R3 (Gianluigi)
Gianluigi summarized the issue in a few slides. The swap was found by beam measurements and subsequently confirmed by measurements carried out by Giorgio D'Angelo
The proposed solution is to swap the warm cables at the PC or at the current leads
The question of ensuring the magnet protection was raised, the PIC of the two beams are not interlocked to each other
The circuit will be recommissioned, so any eventual mistakes should be spotted (at the PCC step)
ACTION –> Hugues, Reiner, Markus and Giorgio will meet to agree on the actions to be done to close the NC and report back to this meeting.
Consolidation of DFB-LCM.L2 (A. Perin)
Antonio reported on some actions being taken to consolidate the DFB-LCM that was found to be out of nominal position, and that had level problems. (see slides)
Walter asked whether it was excluded that the observed deformations were due to the thermal cycles
Antonio's answer was negative
Amalia asked whether we are sure that the same problem did not occur elsewhere. She further expressed concern for the possible mechanical constraints that might be applied to the delicate HTS-LTS transition, as a result of the correcting action.
Walter asked what precautions had been taken to ensure the integrity of the current leads
Antonio said that they had not opened to check every connection
Amalia stressed that in future all equipment owners must be informed before this kind of interventions.
Antonio described the implementation of an additional level gauge and of a boiloff heater
J. Philippe asked whether the heater was operated manually
Antonio answered that it was on a control loop
Marta asked what was the information to be retained by MP3 members for the work in the CCC
Ruediger summarized that the message is to keep in mind that the DFBLCM.L2 had gone through this problems in case of issues during the commissioning
Repair of IC between 17th CC and DFBAK (IC QEDI.5L6) (J. Philippe)
J.Philippe explained the correcting actions planned to bring the busbar spider back to nominal position. (See slides)
Nuria asked whether the spider was always outside the sleeve
J. Philippe answered yes
Nuria inquired on the possibility that the busbar length was shorter, in which case problems would arise at the other end.
J.Philippe answered he believed this was not the case.
Giorgio asked whether we are going to reinforce the insulation
J. Philippe: yes
Finally J. Philippe asked the committee to endorse the proposed modifications
Triggered by a pertinent question by Mirko, there was a discussion on whether MP3 is the right body to discuss the issue.
From the discussion it emerged that the new mandate of MP3 was not yet common knowledge of the MP3 members
ACTION –> Nuria will present the new mandate at the next meeting.
After discussion, the committee agreed to J.Philippe's proposal, but it was not clear if all parties involved were present.AOB
Giorgio reported on an issue sticking out of sector 34: two spool correctors (RCOA34.B2 and RCDA34.B2) have a weak insulation (50 MOhm) between each other. Insulation to ground is OK.
Investigations are still ongoing to localise the fault. However Giorgio asked, in case they will have to by pass one of the two correctors, which is to be sacrified (the decapole or the octupole
ACTION –> Gianluigi will give an answer directly to Giorgio. In case modifications are necessary, they'll need to be reported back to MP3 and an ECR will have to be issued
R. Wolf reminded that the LSA database would have to be changed
Ruediger added that changes would be needed as well in the QPS
A. Musso signaled that in some cases safety valves are installed after the PAC tests, creating a risk of electrical problems: he asked whether the final check done at the so called MEGAPAQ was sufficient
Status of the procedures (Matteo)
Matteo showed a slide with the status of the procedures: 60 A, 80 A, 120 A, and 600 A have all completed Engineering check, RB and RQF RQD are in draft (but not yet urgent as powering of those is not imminent) IPQ IT and IPD drafts should be ready soon
Ruediger reminded that these are urgent as powering might start in few weeks
Reported by W. Venturini Delsolaro
There are minutes attached to this event.
Show them.