At CERN: Federico, Zoltan, Joel, Hamza, Vladimir
On Vidyo: Marcelo, Wojtek, Daniela, Simon, Milosz, Andrei, Luisa, Xiaomei
Apologies: Christophe
Follow-up from previous meeting
- JSON encoding: PRs #3585 and #3586 have been merged for v6r20
- FTS3: last PR merged in v6r20 pre version, looks OK right now
- Reminder to check the old sandboxes for deletion
Current situation
DIRAC
- v6r19p13 is the last production version
- Mostly fixes
- Now support for lastest version of ElasticSearch should be OK
WebApp:
- The new release procedure of WebApp has been merged, part of v6r20
- Documentation needs to be updated
- Test not fully done yet
- Test for moving WebApp to ExtJS6 ongoing, almost finished
- Will be for 4.0 version of WebAppDIRAC
- NOT for DIRAC v6r20, later
- Extensions would need to be adapted
- Branches like in DIRAC should be introduced also for WebAppDIRAC [Zoltan]
Pilot:
- Wojtek working on few PRs
Externals:
- v6r6p4 created. Used in v6r20
- only for SLC6 for now, so that certification can keep going
- at the end it will be also for SL7
- For future: everything that can be installed with pip install should go in "post installation"
- Andrei looking into it: https://github.com/DIRACGrid/DIRAC/issues/3444
- have to figure out how to handle which python version to use
- not exactly trivial
- Joel to send a command to Andrei (used in LHCb vo-boxes)
LCG bundles:
- current production version is v13r0
- 4 or 5 new versions of packages of the Grid middleware are available, so new version of the lcgBundle will come
- need to update the wiki
- Daniela reported need to add in $PYTHONPATH the path for locally installed packages (see slide)
- Doesn't look like it's something you want to do
- Daniela will send to Joel the command that fails
- Daniela asked to re-include LFC support
REST:
- Wojtek will create PRs as soon as possible for:
- choosing among different authentication methods (OAuth and X509)
- adding the pilots logging interface
- Delayed because of issues discovered in the DIRAC stomp interface
- ...and because of code refurbishment
- The connection with CS-based authZ will be done later
- Tornado proposes some unit/integration tests which look easy to use, and that can be integrated in Travis or Jenkins. Maybe also for WebApp.
BOINC:
- NTR, docs still need to be completed
PyGSI:
Documentation
- NTR, just one user asking for better doc for lcgBundle (which we can't fully provide)
DB12:
Release planning, tests and certification
Release planning:
- v6r19 series
- v6r20 series
- pre12 out
- only one PR with new features (for space occupancy) still need to be included
Certification process:
- v6r20 certification:
- Using trello and slack as usual
- Some progress lately
Weekly development(s) focus
- Move to Web API [continuation from last week]
- whatever is produced will need to be tested carefully, especially comparing it performances with DISET based implementation
- Question about "restarting the single handlers"
- Some things like multiprocessing and JSON are going already in DISET
- ARC CEs
- Daniela reported still issues and need for "patching" from ARC users
- glue2 support still not there [Vladimir to look into it]
- [Raja + Andrei + Daniela] to look in details
DIRAC: current PRs and tasks being worked on
DIRAC communities roundtable
- GridPP:
- Collecting new users, and losing 2 (US based moving to glideinWMS)
- Tags and matching not perfect yet
- Some operational and maybe scalability issues with MySQL and services
- CTA: working on next devs of TransformationSystem (kind of Production Management System)
- Some French VOs (LHCC, CreativLab, BioMed) interested in using the TS for their production
- Asking for dedicated tutorial at the DUW
- ILC: NTR
- LHCb:
- Trying to update the MySQL version to 5.7
- performance issues, not yet fully sorted out
- a post mortem will come at some point
- CNAF (Italian Grid DIRAC service): Virgo the main user-to-be
- DIRAC4EGI:
- sorting out several things
- including actual support
- Andrei involved
- several VOs interested
AOB
- Next BiLD-Dev meeting will be held in 2 weeks (February 22)
LHCbDIRAC
- We should right now concentrate on testing v6r20
- And then we decide what to base v9r2 on
- Philippe's PR may probably be included, maybe not alone
- 4 students this summer
- for 3 of them their project include using ElasticSearch
There are minutes attached to this event.
Show them.