Here is important information about the CERN guided tours organised for the 2018 Ecsite Annual Conference participants.
- Guided tours are free of charge.
- Guided tours are in English
- Guided tours include:
- Visit of CERN's permanent exhibitions: Universe of Particles and Microcosm
- Possibility to go to CERN shop
- Guided tour of the LHC crymoagnets facility
- Guided tour of the ATLAS experiment control room
- Due to the operation of the LHC no underground visit is possible in June.
- Guided tours start and end at CICG (2018 Ecsite annual conference main venue).
- Transport by bus is provided by CERN.
- It is not possible to leave the tour before it ends (exception: visitors can leave CERN with their own transport 30 minutes before the end of the tour).
- Cameras are authorized (end even encouraged) during the tour.
- All visitors must wear closed, block-heeled shoes
- High heels, open-toes, sandals and flip-flops are forbidden.
- Large bags and luggage are forbidden during the tour and should be left in the coach.
- In case of mobility issues, please inform us on the registration form.
- Specific registration for the CERN guided tours is mandatory.
- Your Ecsite registration is not sufficient to join a CERN guided tour but please take your Eciste conference badge with you.
- Click on "Registration" on the menu to register.
- CERN site access rules require to provide the following information for each visitor at the time of registration: last name, first name, date of birth, place of birth, country of birth and nationality.
- Your registration is complete once you have received the email confirming it.
Once you are registered and before the tour...
- The confirmation email contains a PDF ticket and a link to your registration details where the PDF ticket can also be accessed.
- If possible print the PDF ticket at home or at your hotel.
- Alternatively you can pass by the CERN guided tours desk at CICG to print the ticket.
- Pass by the CERN guided tours desk at CICG to collect a plastic pouch as the ticket (which is your CERN visitor card) must be worn visibly during all the tour along with your Ecsite conference badge.
- Tickets displayed on mobile phones won't be accepted
On the day of the tour...
- Make sure you are at CICG main entrance at least 10 minutes before the guided tour starts (check times on the ticket).
- The buses won't wait for late comers.
- Don't forget to take your CERN ticket and your plastic pouch along with your Ecsite conference badge.
- Show your CERN ticket and conference badge to the CERN guide before stepping on the coach.
If you want to cancel your tour or for more information
- Pass by CERN Guided Tours desk at the conference
- Or send a mail to CERNtours-Ecsite2018@cern.ch
We wish you a great guided tour of CERN!
We remind you that CERN can be visited all year long.
Especially, permanent exhibitions can be visited without prior booking.
More information on http://visit.cern.