As usual, the workshop aims to bring together users and developers to discuss the current status of the CernVM ecosystem and the future directions, with a fresh look onto the landscape of cloud technology and software delivery.
As in previous editions, we invited guest speakers from the industry on selected technology topics. This time, we are very happy to welcome
- Harris Hancock (Cloudflare), core developer of the Cloudflare Workers serverless framework
- Michael Bauer (SyLabs), core developer of Singularity
- Dorian Krause (Jülich Supercomputing Centre), head of the division High-Performance Computing Systems
- Jesse Williamson (Canonical), senior distributed storage engineer on Ceph
- Giuseppe Scrivano (Red Hat), main developer of fuse-overlayfs
- Doug Thain (U Notre Dame, remotely), head of the Cooperative Computing Lab
The workshop will also include a "hands on" session. Whilst the agenda is yet to be defined, there will be opportunities for demos and tutorials, also for users to come forward with topics for discussion.
A video-conference service will be provided to help remote attendance.
The workshop dinner will take place at the 'Les Saveurs du Liban' libanese restaurant, downtown Geneva. Please fill up the related survey by June 1st.
More information will be posted in due time on this web site.
For questions or comments, please contact us at email@example.com.