This Ceph Day will be a full-day event dedicated to fostering Ceph's academic, research, and non-profit user communities. The event is hosted by the CERN, a long time Ceph user.
The team of Ceph experts invites this community to meet and discuss the status of the Ceph project, recent improvements and roadmap, and to share practical experiences operating Ceph for their novel use-cases.
In particular we encourage submissions on the following topics:
- Ceph deployments for scientific and research applications
- Ceph use-cases in research and academia
- Applications of CephFS for HPC
- Applications of Object Storage for HPC
- Gaps, what's missing to bring Ceph(FS, S3, RBD) into your environments
The day will end with a networking and cocktail reception.
We suggest you to choose a hotel close to the Geneva train station, so that you may take tram #18 directly to CERN. Hotels close to the railway station can be found here. We recommend:
Otherwise, here are some recommended hotels nearby CERN:
- Novotel Airport Ferney-Voltaire, France
- The Business Park Hotel, Thoiry, France
- The Jiva Hill Resort, Crozet, France
- The NH Hotel Geneva Airport, Switzerland
The Cointrin airport is a taxi journey from CERN (around 35 CHF). All of the hotels mentioned above have a shuttle service to and from the airport.