This Ceph Day will be a full-day event dedicated to fostering Ceph's research and non-profit user communities.
Ceph is an open source software-defined storage system providing reliable and flexible block, POSIX, and object storage for cloud infrastructures and big data applications.
The event is hosted by the IT department Ceph team at CERN, a proud member of the Ceph Foundation.
We invite the community to meet and discuss the status of the Ceph project, recent improvements and road map, and to share practical experiences operating Ceph for their novel use-cases.
We also invite potential speakers to submit an abstract on any of the following topics:
- Ceph use-cases for scientific and research applications
- Ceph deployments in academic or non-profit organizations
- Applications of CephFS or Object Storage for HPC
- Operational highlights, tools, procedures, or other tips you want to share with the community
The day will end with a cocktail reception.
Visitors may be interested to combine their visit to CERN with the CERN Open Days being held September 14-15.
We suggest you to choose a hotel close to the Geneva train station, so that you may take tram #18 directly to CERN. Hotels close to the railway station can be found here. We recommend:
Otherwise, here are some recommended hotels nearby CERN:
- Novotel Airport Ferney-Voltaire, France
- The Business Park Hotel, Thoiry, France
- The Jiva Hill Resort, Crozet, France
- The NH Hotel Geneva Airport, Switzerland
The Cointrin airport is a taxi/Uber journey from CERN (costing around 35 CHF). All of the hotels mentioned above have a shuttle service to and from the airport.