o XCache testing at FZK_LMU (Nikolai Hartmann)
- Testbed built with 'old' disk server (2012). Still very encouraging results. Some other configurations
suggested by Ilija will be tested in the coming month(s)
-Data access performances are in line with previous measurements at CERN and providing again hints of the usefulness of cache usage to provide efficient latency hiding
- Next step is also to understand the non negligible failure rate
- CERN (David Smith) will setup a similar testbed making use of a controlled environment with simulation capabilities (latency, bandwidth, etc.)
o Virtual Placement and scheduling with caches (I. Vikotic)
- Very nice model and results based on simulation. Ilija would like to have cross-check from other person
- Ilija promised to include a 'Sequence Diagram' to explain the algorithm
o Distributed dCache project (P. Millar)
- Include cache layer within dcache infrastructure
- Testbed being built with DESY and Kurchatov
If you are using Internet Explorer, please use Firefox, Chrome or Edge instead.
Otherwise, please update your browser to the latest version to use Indico without problems.