Present: Lorenzo, Marcin, David, Pere, Thomas R., Axel, Vassil, Guilherme, Peter
- Welcome to Thomas and SHiP!
- Release 6.14/06 is out
- 6.16 rc1is out: the ROOT team would like to encourage the experiments to test it
- Atlas needs a dev slot for this and ROOT will coordinate this with the LCG team
- Release 6.14/08: it can arrive this week already coupled to a LCG release upon request of ATLAS (Attila)
- Release 6.16: the target is November. Nevertheless, it is our understanding that nobody is blocked by it. We might decide to delay it in case the testing of v6-16-00-patches branch reveals non-trivial problems.
- Danilo: check whether current ATHENA logs contain traces of residual parsing occurrences triggered by searching types in a loop with TClass::GetClass.
- Danilo: communicate to D. Riley and C. Jones the change in ROOT which would avoid nasty task interleaving effects when running parallel simulation jobs.
- Memory hoarding for streamer infos fixed (ROOT-9725): RSS footprint reduced by 500MB
- Will move to the 6.14 tag tomorrow morning
- Performance numbers will be reported this week
- Improved by about 500 MB limiting autoloading/parsing while getting properties of classes. The scan became harmless
- Every looks good, needs to move to 6.14 patches
- Problems with the ROOT version adopted by FAIRROOT
- VMC also sometimes has issues
- On November the 28th/29th a Data Frame tutorial will take place for SHiP analyzers
If you are using Internet Explorer, please use Firefox, Chrome or Edge instead.
Otherwise, please update your browser to the latest version to use Indico without problems.