Present: Lorenzo, Marcin, David, Pere, Thomas R., Axel, Vassil, Guilherme, Peter
- Welcome to Thomas and SHiP!
- Release 6.14/06 is out
- 6.16 rc1is out: the ROOT team would like to encourage the experiments to test it
- Atlas needs a dev slot for this and ROOT will coordinate this with the LCG team
- Release 6.14/08: it can arrive this week already coupled to a LCG release upon request of ATLAS (Attila)
- Release 6.16: the target is November. Nevertheless, it is our understanding that nobody is blocked by it. We might decide to delay it in case the testing of v6-16-00-patches branch reveals non-trivial problems.
- Danilo: check whether current ATHENA logs contain traces of residual parsing occurrences triggered by searching types in a loop with TClass::GetClass.
- Danilo: communicate to D. Riley and C. Jones the change in ROOT which would avoid nasty task interleaving effects when running parallel simulation jobs.
- Memory hoarding for streamer infos fixed (ROOT-9725): RSS footprint reduced by 500MB
- Will move to the 6.14 tag tomorrow morning
- Performance numbers will be reported this week
- Improved by about 500 MB limiting autoloading/parsing while getting properties of classes. The scan became harmless
- Every looks good, needs to move to 6.14 patches
- Problems with the ROOT version adopted by FAIRROOT
- VMC also sometimes has issues
- On November the 28th/29th a Data Frame tutorial will take place for SHiP analyzers