International school "Standard Model, Quantum Chromodynamics, Heavy Ion Collisions" (Thon Hotel in Skeikampen, Norway, 2-12.01.2020) is one in the series of Schools and Workshops for Bachelor, Master and PhD Students, supported by siu.no EURASIA and UTFORSK projects. Bachelor Students are particular welcome to apply for student travel grants by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15.12.2019. Student Stipends will fully cover the participation in School.
The main aim of School is to give a very basic Introduction for Bachelor and Master Students to
Heavy Ion Collisions Physics, Quantum Chromodynamics and Standard Model.
It will consist of lectures, practical lessons, poster session and some student presentations.
Oslo Winter School 2020 will cooperate with the 26th Nordic Particle Physics Meeting (Spåtind 2020) which will take place at the Thon Hotel in Skeikampen (Norway), from Thursday, January 2 to Tuesday, January 7, 2020. The program consists of lectures and overview presentations on some of the most topical subjects in particle physics and related fields. In addition, participants are invited to give contributed talks at the conference.
The lectures of the conference will include the following topics:
- Particle physics in the era of LHC: Searches for new physics, Standard Model measurements, Heavy ion physics, ...
- Gravity and gravitational waves
- Dark Matter and Dark Sector
- Recent theoretical advances in particle physics
- Future accelerators: machines and physics: Future Circular Colliders, High Luminosity and High Energy LHC; European Spallation Source (ESS) and neutrino super beams (nuSB)
- Particle physics in the era of artificial intelligence, new directions in software and computing, connecting the dots - Track reconstruction in the era of data science
Registration and Contributions
Registration for the meeting is now open and will be closed on Sunday 15 Dec 2019. See registration in the menu on the left.
Deadline for abstracts for contributed talks is also 15 Dec 2019. Abstract are recommended to be provided already at the time of registration or submitted later as plain text to email@example.com.
Students of the School will be accommodated in the apartments of Thon Hotel in Skeikampen through the organizers of the school. All other participants must make the hotel reservation themselves! See Accommodation in the menu on the left. Hurry up as the price might increase later!
- Larissa Bravina (UiO)
- Nikolay Kargin (NESPI, NRNU MEPhI)
- Heidi Sandaker (UiO)
- Vitalii Shadura (BITP, Kyiv)
- Arkadiy Taranenko (NRNU MePhI)
- Stanislav Vilchynskyi (Kyiv University)