Production and PASTE Meeting, 12 December 2006, CERN
Chair: A.Tsaregorodtsev
Minutes: S. Paterson
CERN: G.Castellani, P.Charpentier, J.Closier, S.Paterson, R.Santinelli
Phone: N.Brook, C.Cioffi, A.Tsaregorodtsev
Apologies: M.Bargiotti
1. Production Status Report ( J.Closier )
Joel reported that the requested MC productions are running smoothly. The output of Boole is being directed to
Tier-1 SE tape storage and the output of Brunel is stored on Tier-1 SE disk. Replicas of the DST should be stored on
all Tier-1 SE disk but for some previous productions this was not the case and should be resolved ( ACTION: Joel ).
Philippe pointed out that so far we have produced ~1M events for one signal so far. However, to provide the
opportunity for feedback on the latest Brunel release, a limited number of events (~50-100K) should be produced for
all channels. Workflows should be prepared for this ( ACTION: Joel ).
2. Operations
Debugging continues for reconstruction jobs at NIKHEF, recent failures were due to SRM failures. Stuart commented
that a fix is in CVS to catch a related error. gsidcap protocol should be tested at RAL, GridKa and IN2P3 to confirm
that the current mechanism (dcap:gsidcap) works in all cases ( ACTION: Joel ).
Joel also reported that when rescheduling jobs sent to IN2P3, the destination site DIRAC.Lyon.fr is automatically set.
Stuart mentioned the same behaviour has been observed for jobs sent to CERN and DIRAC.LHCBONLINE.ch. The
rescheduling logic should be checked ( ACTION: Andrei ).
Andrei mentioned that the software installation area at Lyon had become corrupted, this should be investigated in
install_project.py. Andrei also reported that the functionality to blacklist a site is now present via the production
tools / console.
Roberto has developed a tool to streamline the query of SRM for TURLs. This is not yet fully tested but in the future
can be used to automatically determine available protocols from the LCG IS.
Stuart reported that the RB protection mechanism is in place on the test system, this will be part of the next DIRAC
release.
3. gLite RB Usage ( G. Castellani )
Gianluca reported that testing of the gLite WMS has uncovered some bugs which have been entered into Savannah.
Contrary to LCG job submission, it is necessary to specify a Wall Clock Time requirement with gLite jobs. Philippe and
Nick were not aware of this and will discuss this at the next Grid management board ( ACTION: Phillippe, Nick ).
A new variable (PLATFORM) to distinguish between submission to glite or lcg will be introduced to the Agent Director
service ( ACTION: Stuart ). The gLite Agent Director module will then be merged with the current Agent Director (
ACTION: Gianluca ).
4. Data Integrity Checks ( A.Smith )
Joel confirmed that all data before DC04 can now be scrapped.
Andrew reported that a tool has been developed to poll the LFC for zero size files. In the event a zero size LFN is
found this is reentered into the catalogue and resolved. This has been tested for DC06 files (DIGI and SIM). Andrew
also mentioned that the same logic can be used to correct zero size replicas. The plan is to run this in a weekly cron
job ( ACTION: Andrew )
5. AMGA BK Status ( C. Cioffi )
Carmine has updated the BK webpage with the latest layout for the interface. A BK-LFC integrity check is still to be
added ( ACTION: Carmine ).
Eventually will require a Data Management console operation to consistently remove a file from the LFC and the BK
FC interface.
6. DIRAC3 Brainstorming Session ( A.Tsaregorodtsev )
The Agenda for the
DIRAC3 Brainstorming session next week is now available.
This will consist of a series of half day sessions. For each session there will be a convener who will introduce briefly the
current situation in the given DIRAC subsystem, the strong and weak points, open questions. This is needed to start
the discussions. The conveners are also supposed to take notes and prepare a summary by the last concluding
session. ( ACTION: Ricardo, Stuart, Andrew, Gennady, Joel, Andrei )
7. AOB
Conveners for next week's DIRAC3 Agenda are requested to contact Andrei to confirm their availability.
There are minutes attached to this event.
Show them.