CLICdp + Key4hep Software Discussion

Europe/Zurich
304/1-007 (CERN)

304/1-007

CERN

7
Show room on map
Andre Sailer (CERN)
Videoconference
CLICdp New-Software Project-Meeting
Zoom Meeting ID
95706486793
Host
Andre Sailer
Useful links
Join via phone
Zoom URL

Software Meeting Minutes
---

# 211012: Software Meeting

Agenda: https://indico.cern.ch/event/1086179/

Connected: Valentin
Present: Placido, Andre, Benedikt

Apologies:

## Proceedings/Talks/etc.

* EPS-HEP Proceedings, deadline October 15
* ILCX abstract, October 10
* Lepton-Photon Symposium accepted

## MC Generators

## CLICDet Delphes Card

## Simulation

* Issue with simulation of muons with fixed pT?
    * observed different duplicate vs phi using different muon simulation runs
    * Maybe different input (not pt, but energy)?
    * Different Theta range, 0-90 degrees before, 0-180 degrees now

## Reconstruction

### Tracking

### Particle Flow

### Digitizer

### Event Display

### FlavourTagging

### Long-Lived Particle

### dE/dX

### LCGeo Test

## Infrastructure

### Sanitizers/Compilers

## iLCDirac

* FCC VO

* add key4hep-stack to config  (gaudiapp)
    * k4run executable (modifiable)
    * Test Clic Reco With GaudiWrapper inside iLCDirac
        * InputFiles
            * --EventDataSvc
            * --LcioInput
        * RandomSeed
            * Not fully implemented in vanilla Gaudi
            * Should implement something in Gaudi like the randomseeder in Marlin
        * OutputFile
            * PodioOutput
        * CompactFile
            * -->GeoSvc (to come to k4Sim)
        * NumberOfEvents
            * -n , --ApplicationMgr.EvtMax

* Next Workflow for FCC
    * Pythia via Gaudi: need command and steeringfile(s) to use
    * Can maybe overwrite settings from Pythia File via the command line options


## Key4hep

### Gaudi

* [ ] Make a service optional/disable in config file: Ticket with Gaudi
    * https://gitlab.cern.ch/gaudi/Gaudi/-/issues/178

### CI

* CVMFS deploy from gitlab: https://cern.service-now.com/service-portal?id=ticket&table=u_request_fulfillment&n=RQF1650416
    * --> Need to re-open the ticket (Valentin)
    * gitlab-runner  was missing permissions
        * New ticket: https://cern.service-now.com/service-portal?id=ticket&table=u_request_fulfillment&n=RQF1747119
        * IT will fix the gitlab integration on another repo and then replay the steps on sw.hsf{-nightlies}.org

* Problem with Gaudi v36, moved stack back to v35
* Nightly build:
    * Need fix in podio for backward compatible reading
    * podio release 0.14 will come today
        * Be more explicit in the change logs for interface breaking changes

* Create a MacOS11 build for podio
    * Use LCG mac11 nightly builds (or mac1015)
    * Not using podio master in LCG nightly builds?

 

### Environment Script

### View

### key4hep-spack/spack

### podio


### EDM4hep

* When writing EDM4hep collections Clusters and CaloHits, but only writing the
  ECAL hit collection, not the HCAL hits, which might be linked from the cluster,
  things break when reading the file that only contains the Clusters or only some of the HitCollections
 
  * Could be in k4LCIOReader, but first add podio test case with this

* [ ] UserClasses, discuss in podio/edm4hep meeting if direct access to underlying pods is possible or desirable
    * [x] https://github.com/AIDASoft/podio/pull/213
    * [ ] Needs to be merged so that userfloat etc. functionality in  k4FWCore can be replaced by it

* Test writing sample event data:
    * Incomplete, e.g., TrackCollection not written
    * Would also be useful for testing EDM4hep <-> LCIO Conversion

* TrackerHit"Wrapper"


### k4FWCore

- [ ] PR to test getting cellIDs https://github.com/key4hep/k4FWCore/pull/65

### k4MarlinWrapper

* geoSvc to replace MarlinDD4hep
    * Need to set the GlobalTrackerReadoutEncodingStringID

### spack

Issue

Opened PRs for a bunch of improvements:
* [ ] fixes to fetching fastjet https://github.com/spack/spack/pull/20064
* [ ] special "commit" version for nightlies https://github.com/spack/spack/pull/20065

* Compiling everything with clang(12)
    * Issue with "base" packages, mesa
    * Requires patches for some packages to existing versions

* Updating to latest spack version
* HSF packaging WG presentation by Todd Gamblin spack author

## FCCee Detector Model

## SCT Integration

## Documentation Update

* Take a look at Benedikt's changes
* TODO: add link

## AOB

### Next Meeting

October 26, 2021, 13:00

 

 

There are minutes attached to this event. Show them.
    • 1:00 PM 2:00 PM
      Round the table 1h