Colliders Of Tomorrow - Organizational Meeting
Attendees: Sridhara Dasu, Pushpa Bhat (FCG), Sridhara Dasu (Chair), Karri DiPetrillo, Sergo Jindariani (FCG), Murtaza Safdari, Lindsey Gray, Kevin Black, Marg, Gabriele
Welcome to COT organizing committee - Pushpa Bhat (FCG), Sridhara Dasu (Chair), Karri DiPetrillo, Sergo Jindariani (FCG), Murtaza Safdari
- Provide information for Marguerite
- Proposed Format - fortnightly meeting - 30m presentation by invited speaker with 15m of Q&A + followed by 45 m of tutorials/student reports
- List of projects needed for people to sign up - invited speaker to suggest some
- Tutorials - for getting started - necessary to get going
- Student / postdoc reports on work done in the past fortnight
- Advertise opening event - Karri DiPetrillo, Muon Collider Introduction, February 23, 2023 (In person + Zoom; 1:30-3pm?; Sunrise?)
- Brendan Casey, Bob Bernstein,
- Karri requests Gordon
- Sergo will take care of some accelerator people
- Pushpa sends to FCG affiliates
- Theory group Elias B
- Speakers and topics for March 9, 23, April 6, 20...
- C3 - Lindsey Gray?
- Linear accelerators - how do they work? Warm vs cold vs ultra-cold. Emilio? SD talks to Emilio
- HELEN Project - who? Sergey B - Pushpa contact
- Accelerator lingo - beta*, emmitance, ... Steve Lund? Eric Prebys - SD talks to Eric
There are minutes attached to this event.