Session 2a: Luminosity Calibration Results
- Massimiliano Ferro-Luzzi (CERN)
Session 2 is organized in two topics:
1) Progress on the Bunch Current Normalization (BCNWG)
2) Direct luminosity calibration results of each LHC experiment
For the second part (luminosity calibration results), each experiment is asked to address the following topics:
Cover p-p (2.36 & 7 TeV) & Pb-Pb, all scan series since Nov 2010.
- if not final, present status of analysis Address all systematics (except from bunch current) or observations:
- reproducibility, hysteresis, XY coupling, beam-beam effects, ...
- pile-up, extrapolation to physics pile-up, ...
- length scale, VDM curve fit procedure, ...
General prospects and improvements for 2012
Expected (estimated) systematic uncertainties for the luminosity calibration ratio of 8TeV vs 7TeV center-of-mass energies.
En passant, express wishes/ideas/opinions for 2012.
Also: how precise a measurement is expected if a VDM scan is made in early 2012 in normal physics optics ? (the bunch charge, emittance and spacing are probably negotiable)