Thank you for your participation in SCET2013, the Xth annual workshop on Soft-Collinear Effective Theory, to be held at to be held at Duke University, March 13-16, 2013 (http://indico.cern.ch/event/SCET2013). This is the final bulletin for the SCET2013 workshop. We have several announcements:
- The schedule of talks has been finalized, please look under Timetable on the conference webpage. If you are speaking and planning to give a slideshow please send your .ppt, .pdf or .key files to SCET2013@phy.duke.edu. We would appreciate it if you sent us the files no later than 9 pm the evening before your talk.
- There has a been a change of venue for the first two days of the workshop. On March 14 and 15, the talks will be in Room 111 of the Biological Sciences building. The Biological Sciences building is on Science Drive next to the French Family Science Center (FFSC) and the Physics building. There is a map under Lodging and Travel which has the location of all the recommended conference hotels, the FFSC and Biological Sciences buildings, as well as the Doris Duke Conference Center, which is the location of the conference dinner on Friday evening. When you enter the Biological Sciences building through the main entrance (facing Science Drive) take the first possible left and room 111 will be on your right. Talks will be in 2231 FFSC on Saturday, March 16.
- We will have catered lunches in the atrium of the FFSC building each day of the conference.
- There will be a welcome reception from 6-10 pm Wednesday evening in the atrium of the FFSC. Beverages and hors d'oeuvres will be served.
- The conference dinner is from 7-10 pm at the Doris Duke Center in the Sarah P. Duke Gardens. The Sarah P. Duke gardens are a very attractive part of Duke's campus and we encourage participants to take some time to explore them en route from the conference to dinner. Please bring cash or check to the conference dinner to pay your dinner fee ($30 per person). We will give you a receipt for your expenses.
- We have added a link to the conference webpage entitled Useful Information which has information about dining and weather in Durham.
- If you are driving to the conference and wish to park on campus you will have to park in Duke Parking Garage IV which is on the opposite side of side of Science Drive from the French Family Science Center. The cost is $2 per hour up to $12 per day.
- The best way to get from the RDU airport to Duke's campus is by taxi or shuttle. A taxi will cost $30-$40.
- If you have any questions please email us at SCET2013@phy.duke.edu or Jennifer Strope (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you need urgent help call Tom Mehen's cell at 919-491-6271.
We are very excited about the level of participation and program of talks for SCET2013. Thanks again for your participation. We look forward to seeing all of you this week.