- Introduction to Wikimedia, its mission and how it is aligned with Open Access
- Using Wikipedia's popularity to share research
- Publishing to and from Wikipedia
- Reuse of Open Access materials on Wikimedia projects
- Discussion of current barriers to reuse, beyond licensing issues
To share and discuss examples of reuse of Open Access materials, to identify barriers to reuse and to highlight some approaches to overcoming them.
- Daniel Mietchen
- Lane Rasberry
- Samuel Klein
Possible outcomes :
A set of recommendations on how to publish in a way that facilitates reuse
The session will be planned at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Open_Access/Wikimedia_at_OAI8 - and you can edit it.