Centre of Geneva
- Place bourg de four: have a coffee in the old town at the busy bourg de four.
- Bain des paquis: cheap and pleasant for a walk, to have some food, rent a pedalo, swimming & sunbathing. 2CHF entry in the summer
- Walk by the jet d'eau, 140 m high and symbol of Geneva
- Parks: Parc La Grange, Parc des bastions,
- Museums: Musée Rath
- Quartier Grotte, for open coffee and food on a Sunday
Mountain symbol of Geneva, great place to go for a walk and a beautiful view. You can reach it either very comfortably through the Téléphérique (few minutes) or, for more trained people who like hiking, you can walk up (about 1 - 2 hours). Café at the top in the summer.
How to reach it: http://www.saleveautrement.ch/Acces
Hours & Tickets of the Téléphérique: http://www.saleveautrement.ch/Pratique
Hiking: in the Jura, visit the "Col de la Faucille" for beautiful vantage points on the Alps and the Jura.
By Boat: take a boat from "Geneve Mont Blanc" boat station to Nyon (1h30), Lausanne (2h) or Yvoire (in France). Boat trips: http://www.cgn.ch/fr-ch/horaires
Pictoresque village on the lake, on the French side. You can reach it by car or by boat (about 1.30 h).
The boat leaves from Geneva Pont Mont Blanc. Timetable:
- Train de Montreux (1h): from the station there is a 40min pedestrian path directly on the lake towards the medieval "Chateau de Chillon". Amazing views and cafés.
- Take a train to Neuchatel and enjoy a walk by the lake
- Take a train to La-Chaux-de-Fonds and visit the birthplace of architect Le Corbusier as well as Swiss Art Nouveau ("Art Sapin").
http://www.chillon.ch/en/index.cfm (very recommended)
21-23 June, Fête de la musique http://www.ville-ge.ch/culture/fm/
More links to activities