Andrea, David, Eddie, Julia, Lionel, Maarten, Mike, Pablo
Apologies: Pedro, Marian
Minutes taken by Maarten
- Ruby templates (e.g. for DAO config) can be hard to debug.
- DAO config mentions PNG file name because it is specific to the VO.
- Maarten: automatic Puppet runs are risky, may break a working service!
Pablo: updates should be tested on the QA cluster before being committed
to the production branch all in one go.
Still, point taken, to be followed up.
- A lot of NCG functionality did not need to get copied into Puppet.
- For Nagios boxes more Puppet functionality might still be explored,
while other services (e.g. Dashboard) look OK already.
- Pablo: slide 18 ready for testing? Mike: yes.
- Mike: some "global" parameters on slide 22 still missing in Puppet,
e.g. the proxy location. Pablo: some parameters will not be needed.
- Mike: sites can also use the Nagios config script, as it is standalone.
- Mike: the script may best be kept written in Ruby, so that one can take
advantage of Ruby templates e.g. for the WLCG config.
- Andrea: what strong points does Ruby have? David: Ruby on Rails web
application framework, templates, many things have sensible defaults, ...
There are minutes attached to this event.