The workshop will take place in the new amphitheatre Georges Charpak at LPNHE in the campus of Université Pierre et Marie Curie from Monday Oct. 27th, 14h to Wednesday Oct. 29th, 15h30. Registration will take place from 11h in front of the amphitheatre.
The address of the University is: 4 place Jussieu 75005 Paris.
The map of the campus will allow you to find the amphitheatre:
The campus can be reached by public transportation using either:
- Métro lines 7 or 10 (station: Jussieu)
- Bus 89 (station: Jussieu)
5-day passes can be bought for 34.70 EUR. They can be used on metro, buses and trams. Single tickets cost 1.70 EUR, and lots of 10 tickets cost 13.30 EUR
Travelling by airplane
- Cheap flights to Paris are operated by many low-cost companies. To find your flight you can compare prices on skyscanner.net.
- If you are arriving by airplane at either Charles de Gaulle or Orly airport, take RER B towards the center of Paris and then the connection with metro line 10 at the Saint Michel-Notre Dame station.
- If you are arriving at Beauvais airport (90 km north-west of Paris) you have to take a shuttle to Paris Porte de Maillot, then metro line 1 to Palais Royald and metro line 7 to Jussieu.
Travelling by train
- High-speed trains (TGV, Eurostar, ...) or night trains connect Paris to many european cities.
- Arriving at Gare du Nord: use metro line 4 (direction 'Porte d'Orleans') to Chatelet and then metro line 7 (direction 'Mairie d'Ivry-Villejuif Louis Aragon') to Jussieu
- Arriving at Gare de l'Est: use metro line 7 (direction 'Mairie d'Ivry-Villejuif Louis Aragon') to Jussieu
- Arriving at Gare de Lyon: use bus 24 or 63 and leave at bus stop 'Université Paris 6' (quai St. Bernard)
- Arriving at Gare d'Austerlitz: use metro line 10 to Jussieu.
- The university is at walking distance from Gare d'Austerlitz and Gare de Lyon.