In order to have access to the Internet connection for your laptop, you need to register it via the online laptop registration form. Due to the large number of participants, we recommend that you register your laptop in advance, before your actual arrival to CERN.
For this registration process:
- Follow the link to the network connection request form
- Click on the entry indicating you are an external visitor, and then on the entry specifying you do NOT have an account, then on "Continue".
- In the external visitor registration form, introduce your data, and visit information.
- Do not forget to indicate the hardware address and card type (wireelss or/and ethernet). Do not forget to clik on "Add" after you enter each mac address
- As contact person, please use: Name: GIANOLIO, First name: ELENA, Cern department: PH, Cern group: DI
Other computing issues
- Please read the CERN Computing rules and regulations
- Fixed terminal computer access: Unfortunately, due to computer security protocols at CERN, it will not be possible to provide an account to log in by using the fixed computer terminals on site. The only way to access the internet is by using your own laptops, see above.
- Laptop registration will be grant only to registered participants
- Assistance: For any computer problem, please contact Elena Gianolio (Bldg. 4-2.014, tel. 74751 or 160579).