In order to have access to the wireless internet connection for your laptop, you need to register by following the
laptop registration instructions .
Due to the large number of participants, we recommend that you register your laptop in advance, before your actual arrival to CERN.
For this registration process:
- Follow the link to the
network connection request form .
- Click on the entry indicating you are a visitor, and then on the entry specifying you do NOT have an account (even if you do have one), then on "Continue".
- In the external visitor registration form, introduce your data, and visit information.
- Do not forget to indicate the hardware address and card type (usually any wireless option should be fine). Do not forget to clik on "Add".
- As contact person, please use:
Name: GIANOLIO, First name: ELENA, Cern department: PH, Cern group: AGS
Other computing issues
CERN Computing rules and regulations .
- Fixed terminal computer access: Unfortunately, due to computer security protocols at CERN, it will not be possible to provide an account to log in by using the fixed computer terminals on site. The only way to access the internet is by using your own laptops, see above.
- Assistance: For any computer problem, please contact Elena Gianolio (Bldg. 4-2.014, tel. 74751 or 160579).