Below, is a list of a few places in Reading for eating. They are mainly small independent places. Reading has people from all over the world, and this is reflected in the food.
- Sweeney and Todd in Castle Street serve very traditional English pies. Check out the history behind why the frontage looks like a barber shop.
- Tutu's Ethiopian in the Global cafe is a cheap place for authentic Ethiopian food.
- The Bakery House is in London Street, just across from the Global cafe. It serves Lebanese food with a good vegetarian selection.
- The Queen's Head is a pub just next to the University. You can get trasitional British pub food there as well as some Thai dishes. It has a "beer wall" with a very good selection of beer and ale.
- Fisherman's Cottage has a splendid location on the River Kennet. It serves tapas, paella and some pub food.
- There is a range of take-away food places on Wokingham road, close to the University.
The area around the Oracle on the River Kennet has a multitude of chain restaurants.