Nowadays, personal branding and user engagement is becoming more and more important for freelancers and entrepreneurs. Video is becoming increasingly important to your brand message and user engagement - In fact, video will represent 80% of all internet traffic by 2012*.
So how can you use this technology for your benefit? Natalia Anderson, presenter, Youtuber, and DJ, will present video as a branding tool and give us practical guidelines on how to make video work for you. Having a basic knowledge of how to film and present yourself is a useful skill that will help you grow or your audience. Her presentation will cover the DIY approach, filming setup, and beneficial hacks. Afterward it is your time to shine: You will create your own video message and receive feedback from Natalia and the group.
The best of it all? You just need your phone! Because the best camera is the one that's with you - So let's get the most out of your smartphone.
Natalia Anderson is a freelance presenter, Youtuber (Tuneful TV) and DJ from London with a passion for creating entertaining content for an online audience. Over the years Natalia has hosted backstage at music festivals, created one off radio shows for BBC London Radio and most recently presented the flagship music show for Virgin Media on UK television. She continues to work with small business as a producer of online video content.
- 10:00: Welcome and Introduction
- 10:05: Theory
- Steps to make video work for you and how to instantly shoot better videos with your phone. Given by Natalia
- 10:40: Practice
- Teams of 2 are formed, that have to choose a video category and work on the script. Categories can either be selected individually or are given by us (e.g. job interview, the pitch, sales ...).
- Each team will work on a script and produce a video
- 12:00: Presenting Back, Feedback and Wrap Up
- All videos are being presented and group feedback will be given
- Feedback for the speaker and the organisation
What you need to bring with you:
- Smartphone (iOS/Android)
- Phone charger
- Free Storage on your Phone
- (if available) Selfie Sticks/Tripod
About the Venue
Directions on how to get to CERN you can find here: https://home.cern/directions
When on CERN site, you can find the meeting venue Ideasquare with this Google-map: https://goo.gl/WNSa6P
For registering your laptop/mobile phone for wifi access at CERN, please fill in a request here: http://cern.ch/registerVisitorComputer - and use Melanie Krawina as the CERN contact person (on the last page of the request form).
A note on the photography
We typically create photos at events we host. The photos are published to represent out activities on our Social Media Channels, as well as possibly in print media. If you do not want to get photographed, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Cisco Visual Networking Index: Forecast and Methodology, 2016–2021. Updated September 15, 2017